Why GH3 for the Wii Instead of For the SP2 ??

laurie_lu

WiiChat Member
Sep 19, 2007
Why would I want to purchase Guitar Hero III for the Wii instead of buying it for the Sony Playstation 2? What does the Wii version have that the Sony Playstation 2 doesn't have? Are both guitars wireless? Do both versions play online?

Are there are any issues that the Wii version has that may be potentially problematic over time? (ie: Wiimote in the guitar neck) Any cons?

wii is wireless, wii has online, wii has rumble, and i dont know what the ps2 one has

Guitar-hero-iii-20070709040244434.jpg

The wireless guitar controllers for the console versions of the game: Xbox 360, Wii, PS3 (Gibson Les Paul) and PS2 (Kramer Pacer)

wikipedia said:
Wii exclusive features

The Wii version of the game has several exclusive features, since a Wii Remote must be inserted into the guitar controller. The game utilizes the Wii Remote's wireless capabilities and accelerometer, but will also make use of the rumble feature and the internal speaker.[24] The internal speaker on the Wii remote can also be optionally set to emit an effect when wrong notes are hit.[25] While the Wii version has online play utilizing game-specific friend codes,[25] downloadable content will not be available initially.[26]
[Source: Wikipedia]

Good old wikipedia, I hope that helps... :)

Last edited:
PS2 doesn't have online play
Rumble and use of internal speaker in wiimote
Both are wireless guitars
depends which guitar you like (les paul or kramer)
and thats about it i think

rocknroll4eva said:
oh and wii doesnt use friend codes

Uhm.. I'm almost positive that the Wii version DOES use friend codes. Correct me if I'm wrong.

And yes, the Wii version is the cheapest. I mean, if you have a Wii and a PS2, I would get it for Wii for the price.

Z3wpk said:
PS2 doesn't have online play
Actually thats wrong. I was surprised also but the PS2 version does actually have online multiplayer.

Last edited:
i reckon the wiis graphics would be a itty bitty bit better than ps2's (but i dont care about graphics)just decided to post it cause know one else has so dont get upset

ps2's been out nearly 7 years now, long time aint it?

laurie_lu said:
Thanks for the responses guys. Price really isn't the issue. But this thread is making me apprehensive about buying the Wii version.

http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-gaming/40069-gh3-guitar-problems.html

I've played the 360 version and I own the Wii version and I can honestly say that there's no delay in the Wii version. (Although the Wii is brand new which I think has no bearing on anything.Never played PS2 version either though.) Try standing closer to the TV maybe??

Ah who are we tryin to kid....they're all the same game. I doubt the developers would have let a delay slip through on a 100 percent reaction based game...But then again maybe I just don't see it.

Back