Wii Chat's Top Ten Wii Games

WiiAssasin

The ride never ends
Dec 21, 2009
Kamos Guidepost
Wii Online Code
7912-1706-4691-2520
That's right, I actually can post threads! No, this has nothing to do with my insomnia nor the unusually large amount of coffee I had.
With the Wii U nearing its release and the Wii nearing the end of its life cycle, it would be great to see what the community thinks are the best Wii games ever. The games can also be multi-platform or region-restricted. Everyone is welcome.

The thread will track the official list as chosen by the people what they think are the top ten Wii games. Additionally, users can post their own list and nominate games. Feel free to contribute. Results will be tallied when it's ready. In Valve time.

I'll make my personal list later.

I'd probably have to nominate Brawl as a game but it is quite old now. Was still a high quality game though when it was released. I'm pretty sure it's gonna be on the list when this thread is done but might as well get it up there.

^ I'm always hesitant to nominate a fighting game for a highbrow list as such. Brawl is no exception. A bloody fantastic soundtrack and notable single player (in a fighting game? THESE DAYS?! nowai) are offset by piss-poor multiplayer issues and balancing problems as well. Be it my second most played game of all time, I simply can't nominate it due to it's mix of good and bad.

Token nomination for Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword.

I'll also give a vote for Red Steel 2. Very few games took good advantage of the motion+'s capabilities. Red Steel 2 did so to perfection. It was atmospheric, bloody fun, and didn't have any gaping issues I noticed. The game wasn't laughably short or too easy, the music and level design was lovely, and it achieved quite well what it set out to be.

... I really need t' play Madworld and No More Heroes, since I wouldn't doubt they might get a vote from me as well.

Would Okami be appropriate since it was released on a different console last gen? If so, it damn-well gets a vote from the 'Karpmod. Fantastic game is fantastic. I personally think it shouldn't be applicable to the list since it came out prior to the Wii's release, proper port or not.

Best use of the Controller
Skyward sword

Biggest disappointment
Red Steel - Got the damn game on lunch day and hated that sword fights could be won by waggling.
NiGHTS - way to ruin a game Sega

Best use of the Controller
Skyward sword

naaaaaw dawg red steel 2

Same combat concepts. Ya can't slash wildly or waggle (... well, against common enemies in SS ya can actually =/), you need to slice through vertical/horizontal/diagonal blocks with the proper strike. There're a few differentials between the two games' combat mechanics, however; Red Steel 2's feedback is cleaner. Recognizes movesets with the Wiimote much clearer and faster at that. The combat is also more based on both Wiimote moveset and button pressing. SS' combat is slightly clunkier and based on the B buttons t' use certain items. IMO, Red Steel 2 wins out on motion control innovation and usin' said gimmick of motion controls properly to become more than just a gimmick.

^RS 2 is on my shelf as well as a few other games, have to charge my Wiimote sometime and play some of them unplayed games

From My Personal Top Ten List

#10: The Last Story

If you think this is a strangely familiar name, you are correct. From the creator of the Final Fantasy series, Hironobu Sakaguchi, comes the Wii exclusive JRPG The Last Story. The graphics are some of the best on the system. The music brings back memories of certain PS1 games. Party members are lovable and unique and the English voice acting is some of the best I've seen in recent times. The Last Story even features some references to other games that many will easily recognize.

Here is my Top Ten Wii games.

1. Call of Duty: World at War
2. Monster Hunter 3 Tri
3. Super Mario Galaxy 1 (Yes, to me SMG2 sucked ass)
4. No More Heroes 2
5. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
6. Project Zero 2: Crimson Butterflies
7. The Last Story
8. Monster Hunter G
9. Tatsunoko vs Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars
10. Fatal Frame IV: Mask of The Lunar Eclipse // Animal Crossing: Let's Go To The City (City Folk) // Twilight Princess

This list is in no particular order YET. Also number 10 I can't decide between those three games..soo yep that's TBE.

Last edited:
lol w/e!! That's my favorite COD but yeah the Assassin man is right.
Btw...I love Magikarps...I ****ING love them. Beware bro...just beware of this hybrid FTW lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Btw...I love Magikarps...I ****ING love them. Beware bro...just beware of this hybrid FTW lol

If you're comin' onto me, then... uh, no thanks bro. I've already got two fisherman after my heart, thank ya very much.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'd have to nominate Goldeneye...*cough cough* ...and Tetris Party and Family Feud! :thumbsup:

...only 1 of the above games is a "true" top 10 for me..I bet you can't guess which one?! LOL

Back