May 30, 2006
Super Mancyland
Wii Online Code
8041-7231-3447-6164
Chess the age old game of movein missnamed things

At least its online and cheap
I wonder how the wiimote is used
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=177428
The first details have emerged on Nintendo's Wii Chess - and knock us flat with a pawn, it actually sounds decent!

The budget title (it's only 30 Euros - or about 20 quid) supports games over Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection as well as the usual local multiplayer options. There's also different graphical styles you can flip around, which means Nintendo nostalgia is almost guaranteed.

Because it's the only vaguely relevant image we have, you can find the German box art to the right. And no, it doesn't say Wii Snatch.

It's out on January 18. Alright, it's only chess but this is the sort of stuff that sends (even more) Wiis flying off the shelves. For 20 quid, we're not going to complain.

If I knew how to play chess id be more iterested

This is the **** im taking about, low budget, half assed games that Nintendo is just letting happen. = /

I'd rather buy an authentic chess board than play chess on my Wii. Nice find none the less. :-]

if its like 100 points ill get it, just to waste the 100 extra points i have.:lol:

If you're already able to get on a computer you can probably play online chess for free so I'm not really interested either. I have a Star Wars chess board anyway :-D

Wivo said:
This is the **** im taking about, low budget, half assed games that Nintendo is just letting happen. = /

Yup

This is a game that would sell only on Xbox Live Arcade for like 400 MS points which is like $5. They're saying its gonna be 30 euros which is like $45. But even on XBA it wouldnt sell much because you can just play chess on computer for free or in real life.

Meh it might be decent, good for younger kids as well, stimulate the brain, play Wii chess instead of reading books.

Jus cause its not a full on action/adventure game doesnt mean its crap and no1 wants it.

bubs said:
Meh it might be decent, good for younger kids as well, stimulate the brain, play Wii chess instead of reading books.

Jus cause its not a full on action/adventure game doesnt mean its crap and no1 wants it.

Hey, there are some people here that play chess. Most people who play chess hardcore on the computer or on a game system want there to be really awesome computer AI that has different personality settings and stuff like that unless they're pretty casual players.

You can get free interface programs to play chess. Then, you can get an engine to plug into the program to use to run a game of chess. Last time I heard Rybka was the best chess engine.

Here are some free chess programs and you're supposed to be able to load engines into it as well.
http://www.dreamchess.org/
http://www.playwitharena.com/

Last edited:
30 euros, or 20 quid?
what the fuss is a quid?!?!?

lol anyways, i think it's be interesting to play chess against people online, considering you can't just be 1337 from playing by yourself.

Wow Mario Galaxy finally has some decent competition!

I would rather sit in a bath of rusty razor blades than play this pile of dog tripe!

Even though I love playing chess, I am still going to avoid this title. :lol:
Most budget titles are not very good, so this game may follow the same path. Anyway, nice find.

I love playing chess, but I can't play without real board and pieces. My concentration goes from 100% on a real board to 20% on a screen. Even the most basic chess game, I can't play it... can't concentrate... dunno why, but I'm only good (and pretty good) on a real board one.

I been playing chess since 18 years ago and I been on some chess tourneys (I even won a couple) but on computers/consoles I suck like hell.

Last edited:
Chicagoan said:
I been playing cheese since 18 years ago

If where talking about games of cheese you could at least mention what cheese game you play

I like the cheese rolling game

Back