Wii comein to a libary near you (possably)

DBloke

An ancient one, banner of over a thousand acunts
Staff member
May 30, 2006
Super Mancyland
Wii Online Code
8041-7231-3447-6164
SHH
SHhh
Yay another Wiirealated news story

Temptin kids into strange placeis with wiis
http://www.wrcbtv.com/news/index.cfm?sid=1698

News report in action (ie spoken

Libraries have a new, creative way to lure in teenagers and make reading fun: video games.
Workers at the Cape Coral, Florida library hope kids will come for the newly-installed Nintendo Wii's and stay for the books.
"Children that are getting into their teen years, they start reading less and less," said Chris Serio.
Teenagers admit books often lose out to video games.
"I've never really seen them come to the library, so I think they do video games more than reading," said 10th-grader Christopher Wright.
He says that even though he reads regularly, he plays video games with his brother every day.
"Four hours a day at least," said Wright.
He never expected to be able to play video games in the same quiet building usually reserved for reading.
Soon several Lee County libraries will offer kids a chance to play the popular, interactive video game system - Nintendo Wii.
The video games will be used during organized events on the weekends.
"All the games we have involve physical activity, team work, reading and just learning more analytical and strategic skills," said Serio.
And even if it is the Wii that brings the teens into the library, staff members hope when they put down the video game controller they will pick up a book.
"If each kid plays for 15 minutes, the rest of the kids are going to be waiting and they're going be talking. They're going to be picking up books," said Dawn Wright.
The video game systems were bought by the Friends of the Lee County libraries.

If the wont us to read more perhaps if there where more RPGs on the wii/vc

Wonder if they will have guitar hero 3 on BLOODY LOUD

Idk... that could be a bad idea since the kids would only go their to play and not read. Also, it would probably cause a disturbance to others who are their to read or do homework... etc. Well, I can't blame them for trying. Maybe it will work.

They probably will only have Wii Sports on it

What about them moblie libarys ?

There not exactly known for there space
(neathers my local one)

Hahaha...I just thought of "The Library Policeman" by Stephen King...

As long as it's in a seperate room, I think it'd be a decent idea. Even if they don't read, at least they're getting exercise and maybe socializing.

also, kids not using straps will be smashing books and windows in the library's

also, me swearing at games i die in is not good for the library is it?

i remember i brought my wii to my local library a few times.....it actually works.....more teens and young kids come to the library now and read a lot more usually and all i let they play was wii sports, PBR for those who had pokemon D/P, and mario strikers and a few E rated games

i have been doing for awhile too....i have been volunteering

I don't really mind reading it's just that the public school curriculum doesn't exactly help the cause, yeah they do like read-a-tons in grade school but, IMO, Shakespeare is so boring and personally I don't like reading, I enjoy comedies and adventures like Tom Clancy, books that are actually worthy of being a video game or movie, schools worry about the future of reading when they're not helping what-so-ever, and books like Harry Potter are to controversial and people are ridiculous in coming up with excuses why books should be banned, I think it's ridiculous but my opinion doesn't matter.

And hell yeah put video games in Libraries personally I'd rather stand in a Best Buy and play video games than be in a Library.

Back