wii connect 24 problems

hithere

WiiChat Member
Apr 26, 2011
bournemouth
i've had my wii for a couple of years now, and from the beginning when i first tried to agree with the wii connect 24 settings it says 'wii connect 24 and wii shop channel are currently not being offered. since then i keep checking to see if anything has changed, and nothing has, it still says that. i dont know what to do, for alot of my games you can use internet connection and i want to be able to use it, but i can't!! does anyone know an easier solution than contacting nintendo to get a new wii? thanks

i've finally got mine to work! basically, i obviously didnt change the country settings as it was set to albania, and im from england, so i changed it to united kingdom and then went to the wiiconnect24 and it worked! i hope this works for everyone:)

Wiiconnect24 problems

I cannot get network services to work properly. I'll try to detail below the steps I've taken over the last month or so.
I configured my wii to access my wireless router using wep, channel 11. The connection test went fine. It then did a software update successfully. I downloaded the Opera browser, Everybody Votes, and used News and Weather successfully.
Then, I opened my wii to check my DVD chipset. During that process I removed the battery. When I re-assembled and turned on my wii, everything seemed to be ok. Both News and Weather worked. I then noticed the date/time had been reset, so I put them back to Feb 2007. After that, News worked fine - except that when it started it said "Last updated 2422425353.34" or some other ridiculously large number. I think using the News when the date was set wrong confused it. Using Weather would not work at all anymore, it just said it could not download the latest data.
Today, there was a thread posted on how to fix problems with wiiconnect, and I followed those instructions (back up mii's, save data, etc., do system memory format). After that process I re-configured my wii's network settings, the connection tests fine, and I re-downloaded the Internet and Voting channels. However, neither News or Weather will start. They both give the error "WiiConnect24 is currently turned off. Confirm your setting under Wii Options." In my settings WiiConnect is turned on.
Does anyone have any clue what I've done, or how to fix it?

As a side note, while my mii survived this process in my remote, Wii Sports lost all of his data - even after I restored the Wii Sports save game from my SD card. But my real problem is that I'd like to use News and Weather.​

Back