wii fit 69.99? Jan '08 release?

the price might be right, but the release date seems off. i never go by gamestops dates

Nice price, hope this is true. Just saw the E3 press conference for Nintendo! This among other things look REALLY good. Thanks for the info.

Let's say that this article is true, then this is a horrible choice for Nintendo, they should make the price at least $10 less so they can get more sales. I'm sure not many people are willing to pay $70 for WiiFit. Also, they should release the game in December so people can get it in the holiday season. You're probably thinking that it's expensive because of the Wii Board, but loom at this pattern:

WiiSports - Came with Wii
WiiPlay - Came with WiiMote
WiiFit - Comes with WiiBoard

Each Wii franchise came comes with some kind of accessory for the Wii, WiiPlay included the WiiMote for no extra charge. That's why the WiiBoard should be free, and included with the purchase of WiiFit.

technically the wiimote wasn't free. it was $10

but i see where you are going. it should be like all the others at $49.99. even other nintendo games came out with extras like GT. that came with the steering wheel

The board is much larger than a wiimote and has to cost more to produce. I think its a fair price, unless wiifit is the only thing it is used for.

jared19 said:
The board is much larger than a wiimote and has to cost more to produce. I think its a fair price, unless wiifit is the only thing it is used for.

considering you get an exercise board as well which has pressure sensors in as well then $70 for wiifit is not too pricy. It'll be about £40 in the UK which is on par with some of the bigger games. Play.com may sell it at a reduced rate also.

I just hope it can cope with the weight but then when you think that the average size of an american is about 300 lbs then I'm sure I should be ok :smilewinkgrin:

The_Loose_Cannon said:
technically the wiimote wasn't free. it was $10

but i see where you are going. it should be like all the others at $49.99. even other nintendo games came out with extras like GT. that came with the steering wheel

Well, it would probably be more accurate to look at it as the Wiimote being 40$ and Wiiplay, not even at a Wii Sports level of quality, being 10$.
FR said:
You're probably thinking that it's expensive because of the Wii Board, but loom at this pattern:

WiiSports - Came with Wii
WiiPlay - Came with WiiMote
WiiFit - Comes with WiiBoard

Each Wii franchise came comes with some kind of accessory for the Wii, WiiPlay included the WiiMote for no extra charge.

So you're saying WiiSports was reasonably priced at 250$ and came with a free pack-in Wii console? Everything you listed there supports this theorized price of Wii Fit. Wii Play was at best, a 20$ game, so while there may be some bundle discounting, there was nothing free there.

The Wii Balance Board is bound to be more expensive than a Wiimote in both construction and the cost of shipping. A 70$ price tag is hardly hefty considering the nature of the hardware. The balance board is not an empty plastic wheel. It's a complicated, expensive, wireless input device designed to be sturdy enough for fat people to flop around on it all day.

that's what were waiting to find out. what else will this board be used for

eta stallyon im not 300 lbs

Last edited by a moderator:
$20 for the game $50 for the board.
Sounds like a fair price based on the costs of the mote and chuck.

And just like the mote and chuck, it will be used for more than just the game it came with.

Are they going to have WiiBrush so all those UK people can finally have clean teeth? That's if we are going to stereo type people.

The_Loose_Cannon said:
that's what were waiting to find out. what else will this board be used for

I'm hopeful that there are some other applications, given how versatile a board like that could be, however Wii Fit is going to have sell very well to give the Balance Board a large enough install base for 3rd parties to risk much development time on it (A Wii Fit console bundle would help too). Devs want hardware to sell their software, they don't want to make software that's being depended on to sell hardware.

eta stallyon im not 300 lbs

More or less? :smilewinkgrin:

It's initial purpose is still for fitness, so from a construction standpoint, you'd expect it to be able to support something along those lines. If you're 45kg, a higher maximum weight still benefits you--you just have to think of it in kilogram-hours. If it can support 136kgs (300lbs), 2-3 hours a week for 4 years, it can support 45kgs 3 times as long (or as long with significantly less chance of sensor failure).

Wiinter said:
I'm hopeful that there are some other applications, given how versatile a board like that could be, however Wii Fit is going to have sell very well to give the Balance Board a large enough install base for 3rd parties to risk much development time on it (A Wii Fit console bundle would help too). Devs want hardware to sell their software, they don't want to make software that's being depended on to sell hardware.

More or less? :smilewinkgrin:

It's initial purpose is still for fitness, so from a construction standpoint, you'd expect it to be able to support something along those lines. If you're 45kg, a higher maximum weight still benefits you--you just have to think of it in kilogram-hours. If it can support 136kgs (300lbs), 2-3 hours a week for 4 years, it can support 45kgs 3 times as long (or as long with significantly less chance of sensor failure).

lol i am very much so less than 300. lol

anyways i am still all too curious about the wii board.

maybe and this may sound crazy but what about using it for dance dance revolution like the calorie burning setting? far fetched i know

The_Loose_Cannon said:
maybe and this may sound crazy but what about using it for dance dance revolution like the calorie burning setting? far fetched i know

That was in the video.

The only issue I have with the system now is the single disc.
It would be great if I could warm up with WiiSports to get my WiiAge, switch over to Big Brain Academy to increase my Brain Size, and then finish up with WiiFit for the complete workout. But, I guess it would be too big of a deal to keep switching out the discs.

On top of that, it would be great if the Mii channel would show all the data related to a Mii (WiiAge, BrainSize, WiiFit) in the one place.

Stallyon said:
considering you get an exercise board as well which has pressure sensors in as well then $70 for wiifit is not too pricy.

Yeah, but even though it's larger, it's mostly plastic. And while it does have pressure sensors, it doesn't have the motion sensors, d-pad, trigger, and all the other buttons of a Wii remote.

As far as release date goes, until Nintendo makes an announcement, then any dates out there are basically just guesses. Look through some of the very old threads here about release dates and most of them were completely wrong.

Back