wii freeze

Brownies

\\Slash Bros.//
Jul 25, 2007
Canada
Wii Online Code
2970-3563-4519-6293
okay, i got my wii about a week ago and i noticed that it freezed twice, it freezes not during game play but while browsing menus i mean on a menu switch it would freeze on a black screen it has only frozen twice and all i had to do was restart the wii but im worried if this may lead to a problem i have left my wii on for a full 12-16 hours straight and i do leave it on overnight could that be a problem?

Oh, I had the same problem. I always turn my Wii off though (as in unplugging it). But yeah, maybe someone can help you with this. I don't really know. But, mine stopped freezing a while ago.

my wii seams to be the best of all thease people, my wii never freezes or anything.but i dont know your problem,leaving it on over night i dont think would do anything.

Why do you leave it on over night? I have heard of Wii's freezing, but not on a black screen. You should probably call Nintendo and ask them about the black screen thing, especially if this persists. And rather than just restart it, always unplug it from the power supply for about 30 seconds to reset any stored glitch it may have (this may correct your problem right then and there and you may consider doing this anyway). It definitely seems like a bad idea to leave your console on all night though, electronics need their rest!

Meh, mine stays on wii connect 24 always.
And I have been to known to leave mine on for many hours at a time.

But yes I would call Nintendo first before anything else. Maybe you need a new wii, not to freak you out or anything.

Mine freezes also. It doesn't usually cause too much of a problem though as I just restart the console and it's fine again.

WiiBad said:
Why do you leave it on over night? I have heard of Wii's freezing, but not on a black screen. You should probably call Nintendo and ask them about the black screen thing, especially if this persists. And rather than just restart it, always unplug it from the power supply for about 30 seconds to reset any stored glitch it may have (this may correct your problem right then and there and you may consider doing this anyway). It definitely seems like a bad idea to leave your console on all night though, electronics need their rest!

so i take off the power suply after i turned the system off or reset it, or do i take out the power suply for 30 seconds when it freezes.

If it freezes and you can't turn it off (this has happened to mine), unplug it while it's on; otherwise just do it when it's off. I suggest you give it this reset regardless before you play it again, it may prevent the problem from ever happening again. Mine only froze the one time while playing Madden, it was pretty scary but after doing the unplug thing it has worked fantastic since.

wii freeze problem

just bought a wii from a friend the other day and i was playing it for like 2 weeks before it started freezing. it worked perfect for when i use wii play, its fine until i go to the players option and after i select the amount of players it freezes. it might be the cd but it looks perfect..any suggestions? thanks for any future help

Not sure about your problem mate, Mine has only frozen once and that was on the original internet channel. Since it was updated it has never done it since.

INARTIM said:
just bought a wii from a friend the other day and i was playing it for like 2 weeks before it started freezing. it worked perfect for when i use wii play, its fine until i go to the players option and after i select the amount of players it freezes. it might be the cd but it looks perfect..any suggestions? thanks for any future help
All you can really do is reset the hardware by unplugging it, if this doesn't work then you may need a new unit. Read through this forum and there are others as well if you wanna check the search bar. PM me if you need any other help.

Back