Wii in India

intekmdma said:
you must be rich if you can afford all this in a 3rd world country, not trying to insult you, but my family in vietnam can't look at anything like this!

India is not a 3rd world country :S maybe not the richest. but not 3rd world..

GreyKirby said:
Leme put this in a geeky form for those who don't understand:
Mario was not in 3D when he came to SNES, he was 2D xD

What are you talking about....we are talking about third world countries, not 3d mario.

hey lets close this topic the questions have been answered
oh and i would suggest you get a us wii because im not sure if or when there will be a release in india.

Hi guys, thanx agn for ur replies.
Oops i didnt want this to be a flaming thread. I jus wanted to know whether i could get a wii india if i cant which wii country should i get in order to play the games here. Now i got my questions almost answered.
As for the India part; iam an indian so i just had to say few positive things about my country. I didnt mean to offend anyone.:cool:

One more question guyz; Now that Liksang.com is closed; is their any sites like playasia.com who cater to indian gamers.

Wow. I really don't understand why this thread is so controversial. I'm an Indian, although I wasn't born or have lived in India, but I didn't find much here to be offensive. In fact, I actually found the details about Indians in India looking for Wiis interesting information. Someday I may go and visit India, and I'd like to know if I can get myself a Wii there ;)

I did the currency conversion for you using the latest market currency.

For a Wii with one extra wiimote and 2 games it'll come to about 17,345.432 Rupees (India Currency), DAMN that sounds like a lot.

Of course this isn't including any import taxes, local taxes or any customs or whatever else they might tack on.

@Shady78

I know for a fact that getting an ipod over there is pretty much a black market. You can get it cheaper at the black market than at a 'legal' market in India. I mean MUCH cheaper.

Last edited:
Back