Wii is not HD?

HD and Widescreen don't correspond. The Wii IS 16:9 (Widescreen) capable but NOT 720p or 1080i (HD) capable. Nintendo didn't make it HD capable to keep costs down. They would most definitely had to put a more powerfull processor for the Wii to run HD capable games smoothly. But no worries, at least they aren't shutting us Widescreen TV owners out.

Wii is not HD.

Widescreen doesn't have to be HD. 16:9 non HDTVs are around and have been for a long long time.

So it would look like crap if cable tv looks like crap on my tv? cable tv digital even thats not HDTV looks kind of bad on my tv quality very poor. I guess wii would look the same? I should think about getting my old 26inch tv tube for gaming?

Icuic said:
Wii is not HD.

Widescreen doesn't have to be HD. 16:9 non HDTVs are around and have been for a long long time.

Thank you my parakeet.

daddyfatsackz said:
buy the 480i cables...I am, cost 50 beans thats as close to hd as youre gonna get, not that big a deal. The kiosks are running 480i and look sharp.

i think you mean 480p because 480i is just composite (standard definition) the wii does run in 480p which is somewhat close to HD. But to get this quality of an image you must purchase a component cable.

ABC said:
Thank you my parakeet.

In my defence your post wasn't there when I replied. And then I couldn't be bothered to remove it..

So..... you're welcome.

*bows*

Kane Hart said:
So it would look like crap if cable tv looks like crap on my tv? cable tv digital even thats not HDTV looks kind of bad on my tv quality very poor. I guess wii would look the same? I should think about getting my old 26inch tv tube for gaming?

If you have a high def tv and digital cable and the cable looks bad?

Try stringing new cables, because it's either that or your tv just blows. And having high def does nothing to your digital cable. You have to actually have a high dev box and be watching a high def channel to get high def on your tv.

vagrant said:
If you have a high def tv and digital cable and the cable looks bad?

Try stringing new cables, because it's either that or your tv just blows. And having high def does nothing to your digital cable. You have to actually have a high dev box and be watching a high def channel to get high def on your tv.

well i have HD channals look amazing none look crappy does not look as clean and clear as watching on a tube tv./

Icuic said:
In my defence your post wasn't there when I replied. And then I couldn't be bothered to remove it..

So..... you're welcome.

*bows*

:lol: In that case, I apologize. No hard feelings. Polly want a cracker? <--- Joke :p

hey guys, I gotta question. If I have a normal crappy magnavox non-hd tv, is there any point to getting those $50 cables to make it 480p or whatever?

Are those cables only going to improve the wii's graphics on sweet tvs, or do they work for crappy tvs too?

I would appreciate it if some of you savvy dudes could help me out. Me, I just play games I don't know all the techie mumbo jumbo.

Thanks guys, and game on sunday, woot!

Back