Wii Officially hacked

ha???

i don't understand anything...what exactly will this "key" or "homebrew" thing help in a way...i have no idea about those things...anyone??

I'll believe it when I see something functional.

Also, really, what's the point, since nintendo is releasing WiiWare this summer? Let's see, you can do homebrew that involves basically breaking you Wii, or wait six months and use the nintendo utility to write games... Hmmm...

This doesn't mean much, but it's a start to something. It means you can use a wiimote in GC games, I think. We shall have to see how this all turns out.

hmm

If I'm correct (which I could me wrong) With this people will be able to create HomeBrew Games and such. Possibly playing games from other consoles such as dreamcast or something(I read this again I could be way off). I also beleive that the wii hardware can be used while playing homebrews like you can use the wiimote to play. We will have to wait for more info I guess.

You are right Full Metal...

This is great news, nice find man :thumbsup:

Hmm... I believe there has been something very similar to this released a long time ago... WiiKey is it called?

Manchovies said:
Hmm... I believe there has been something very similar to this released a long time ago... WiiKey is it called?

not quite, this opens up a lot more gates...such as wiinux..lol..and big thing about it is so far that i know of there is NO modding involved...i believe all u need is a drivechip...but i cant really say much more until i know more..lol

But hows this different than wiiware? This is more accesable for us normal folks? Or can we 2 get wiiware and write our own games?

cyberzomby said:
But hows this different than wiiware? This is more accesable for us normal folks? Or can we 2 get wiiware and write our own games?
itll be free, apps will come out faster, and they will be cooler. just look at some DS homebrew, some neat stuff on that.

WOW this is not good! Yet what happens if this key can be updated by the online feature? Also too this could be the reason why these ported games look so bad since the rest of the hardware cuts off...LOL

The Full Metal said:
If I'm correct (which I could me wrong) With this people will be able to create HomeBrew Games and such. Possibly playing games from other consoles such as dreamcast or something(I read this again I could be way off).

Correctamundo. I am unsure about the italic though.

Back