Wii Online Questions

Wiinoob

WiiChat Member
Dec 12, 2006
Burbank, CA
Wii Online Code
7718-5218-4582-5195
I am getting a Wii for christmas and I was wondering, is it possible for me to go online on the Wii using dial-up? Will a router work with dial-up? And if so, which router do you recommend?

I'd guess that you might be able to message other wiis and maybe send a mii but that would be it unless you waited absolutely ages, you really should consider broadband, its so much cheaper than paying by the minute and its not that expensive nowadays.

There are dial-up routers out there. Last I checked, hard to find and expensive. I have a customer using 2 Netgear RM356 units to connect their 2 sites.

Cheaper option might be to buy a router w/ built in RS-232 to connect a serial modem. (This is usually how you connect back door dial-up access for routers that may need inbound support in case of an outage.) Here are some ppl describing such a setup:
http://forums.cnet.com/5208-6142_102-0.html?forumID=62&threadID=29073

Thanks for the help but it's all a little too complicated and costly for my simple mind to comprehend, and since i'm such an impatient guy I think I'll just try to get DSL and figure it out from there.

Back