wii pc connection

lionman

WiiChat Member
Nov 29, 2006
I hope someone can enlighten me. I have purchased a Wii and been allocated one on release day for my two daughters (and me..LOL) for Xmas. Can someone tell me how thisshould be linked up through the internet. I have a PC in an upstairs room with is on Broadband (using an Orange/Wanadoo Livebox). I have a laptop which can access the internet via a wirless connector which works via the same Livebox.

How do I amke the Wii link via these to the internet? Will I need to purchase the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB connector or something similar ..I do not really want to play around with the settings on the Livebox..its taken me ages toget it all up and working with no probs so far..hope you can help on this one

thanks

lionman said:
I hope someone can enlighten me. I have purchased a Wii and been allocated one on release day for my two daughters (and me..LOL) for Xmas. Can someone tell me how thisshould be linked up through the internet. I have a PC in an upstairs room with is on Broadband (using an Orange/Wanadoo Livebox). I have a laptop which can access the internet via a wirless connector which works via the same Livebox.

How do I amke the Wii link via these to the internet? Will I need to purchase the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB connector or something similar ..I do not really want to play around with the settings on the Livebox..its taken me ages toget it all up and working with no probs so far..hope you can help on this one

thanks

I do not have a wii, I used to have a DS and im guessing this connects in the sameway, with my DS I simply searched for an access point (in your case the livebox) and it comes up then on my router I have a WEP key so I entered that and voila it tested the connection and worked fine, its hard to tell if yours will do the same as I do not know your settings or much about livebox

Hope i helped :) lol

we also have DS but never done any link onot internet with it.....assumed you needed to purchase the Nintendo USB 'thingy' which plugged into the pc/laptop to link DS to your network. Do you think that will be the case for the Wii

My Wii is able to connect with my wireless connection, but my DS can not. I found this a little odd. I found a website that listed wireless routers, and which ones connected to the DS. Mine was listed as "rarely connects". So, there is a good chance that your Wii will recognize the connection , even though the DS can't. :eek:ut: :crazy: :incazzato:

Tacos said:
My Wii is able to connect with my wireless connection, but my DS can not. I found this a little odd. I found a website that listed wireless routers, and which ones connected to the DS. Mine was listed as "rarely connects". So, there is a good chance that your Wii will recognize the connection , even though the DS can't. :eek:ut: :crazy: :incazzato:

do you remember the web site?

love,
dre

well, since your laptop is able to go online wirelessly. You no longer have to do anything. Just follow the directions on the wii when you setup your connection. (unless you have a WEP key, then you just type in the password)

Back