Wii problem or game problem? Sims 3

wantless

WiiChat Member
Dec 26, 2010
New Bern
Our Wii is 2 years old, and until it added Netflix this past year, it barely got any use. We've never had any problems with it or any of the games we have (which arent very many)

Until now-- We got Sims 3 for Christmas and something's not right. For one, the wii console constantly makes that noise as if its reading the disc kind of thing while we play Sims 3. Distracting and annoying, and we don't notice it doing it that much on other games, but maybe this is a more advanced game than the older ones we have (we dont have many "new" games). Nintendo site says this kind of noise is normal, but what if its pretty constant during the game? Like I said, annoying.

But the main issue is that our Wii is slow to load images and things on Sims 3. For example if youre walking down a road and you know there's a building beside you, you turn and walk to the building and it disappears. You try to walk in it and such and you're obviously walking into walls or objects but there is nothing on the screen, and then a minute later objects and walls and things begin to appear. Or when your Sim changes clothes like when they go to bed (they jump and spin and it makes that "whoosh" noise just like on the PC version), they go through the movements but its about 5 seconds later before your Sim's clothing actually changes on the screen.

I cant find any issues online directly related to Sims 3, I assume because it just came out. Our Wii is not connected through a DVD player or DVR but it IS connected to a projection screen TV. I read on Nintendo's site that projection TVs can cause some delays and such, but if thats the case, would it not do it on our other games? The way its acting, it reminds me more of playing a game on a computer that isnt strong enough to run it, so I dont see where the type of TV in this case would cause the problem (correct me if Im wrong here, its just a guess).

I have a hard time believing that they would knowingly put out a Wii game that performs this poorly so I assume its an issue with our Wii or this disc. We're up to date on all console updates. Can anyone help or suggest anything?

heard bad things about sims3, guessing it's the game...

After I posted this, I started finding other posts on forums about Sims 3 for Wii. Seems a lot of people are complaining about the glitches in this game. This wasn't a cheap game to buy... and it's bordering on unplayable because these "glitches" are so frustrating and impossible to work around. Do we get a refund for it? Or are we just out the money on a game that doesnt work?

im having same problem. I got it for xmas and have been on it for hours only for it to keep crashing all the time. The other problems im having is when trying to walk around the sim get stuck as the buildings disappear from view so I am trying to move but cant due to obstacles in my way which do not show up even if i change the angle view. The other problem is when buying things or moving house it wont et me buy any items even though i have loads of money, just shows up little red houses with white xs inside. I have sold everything and moved stuff out of storage but still no joy. I have tried buying a bigger house and that doesn’t work, now it wont let me even build or buy a house so basically im stuck with a load of money and no house, lot or anything. also there is never anyone walking about just loads of tombstones everywhere. It wont cancel actions, is really slow especially when travelling form one place to another buy car, and when I try to walk into a building it freezes for ages before eventually letting you go in. when I do get in a building the floor is half way up my waist. Then it will wait until you have played for a while and just crash altogether, wont turn off or do anything. At first I kept restarting but when I have nearly got all my skills built up and loads of points for karma etc and lots of money I cant even play the game as I cant buy a house its so frustrating! Ive emailed EA about this and no reply. anyone else had any joy in getting any help regarding these problems?
Cant believe this game was fit for release to be honest, wouldn’t mind if it was a bargain basement buy but £40 is a total rip off for a game that wont even let you play! i have even contacted watchdog about it, im that annoyed if everyone did the same it might get EA to admit the problem and get it fixed

same problem with exchanged game!

We got wii sims 3 for our daughter for Christmas and she kept getting really mad with it and complaining about the whirring noise from the console, save problems and the fridge not working so she had to buy an additional fridge, etc. We were convinced she just couldn't master it, so my son and then I had a go at creating a file (I loved ps2 sims, but this I just found so dull) we both gave up pretty quickly!

After much complaining from her, I returned it yesterday to Tesco who only offered an exact exchange, which was fine because she really wanted the game. However, it's obvious the fault is in the game because she is still having the exact same problems, so hopefully I will be able to return and get a full refund.

Ive had loads of problems with this game such as freezing when saving, random gravestones, glitches when placing houses and and much more. Lots of people have complained about this game but the creators haven't done anything. I got so bored with this game I never play it now..:frown5:

Back