Wii Projector problem

Kyle

WiiChat Member
Dec 1, 2006
I already know that the Wii works with projectors, but I think I might encounter a problem when it comes to placing the sensor bar. As far as I know, the sensor bar needs to be placed either above or below the centre of the screen. My problem is that my projector screen pulls down like a blind from the ceiling, so I have nowhere I can place the sensor.

These are the alternatives I'm considerings...but I'm not sure if they will work.
1. Duct tape the sensor bar to the bottom of the projector screen.
2. Place the sensor bar on the cabinet behind the screen.
3. Put the sensor bar on the floor underneath the screen...but that puts the sensor bar two feet below the screen, so that probably won't work.
4. Get a tall pedastal and place it underneath the screen and put the sensor on that.

Here's an image of the screen if that helps.

So will any of these solutions work? And if not, is there anything that will work?

Cheers, Kyle.

dont put duct tape on your sensor bar, it will make it all gummy and gross

just use the long wire it has and hang it over the top of the screen?

you can rig it up

also if you have to use an adhesive... maybe buy some velcro or something? then again that would have a glue on it too

either way I wouldn't put a sticky substance on my wii :thumbsup:

Unfortunately I can't hang it over the top of the screen as the screen is attached the ceiling. I'm thinking blue tack might be a better solution at the moment.

Hi,

I have a projector screen too but I built my own instead of having a pull-down. What I did was take the double sided tape that came with the wii and stuck it to the top of my sensor bar and then stuck the top of the bar under my screen, so far it's sticking, but this is only my 2nd day. If I can't think of another way to rig it I might just gorilla glue it to the bottom of the screen...I'll just have to buy a replacement sensor bar for when I want to move my wii...

Put IR LED's in the bottom bar of your screen and hook um up to some Batteries. That would be sweet, it's what I would do. Will take a little effort but will be worth it.

The sensor bar comes with a plastic stand to slip it in and adhesive to stick to the back of the stand to stick on the wall. Basically, you just stick the stand to the wall, and rest the sensor bar in the little groove. It came with the Wii.

Cool, sounds like I won't have too much trouble after all. Thanks for the advice.
I belief that Nintendo will be releasing a wireless sensor bar down the track - which will be handy. Am I right about this?

Kyle said:
Cool, sounds like I won't have too much trouble after all. Thanks for the advice.
I belief that Nintendo will be releasing a wireless sensor bar down the track - which will be handy. Am I right about this?

Nyko has announced plans for one sometime in the future, Nintendo has said nothing.

The only thing I can find for a wireless one right now is http://www.wirelesssensorbar.com or some eBay auctions of homemade products. Many of the eBay auctions seem like a shitty knockoff of that website. I do not know if that is Nyko's or not.

we have an old 3 bulb projector used with a 9x12 screen about 8-10 feet in front of it.
we put the sensor strip on the PROJECTOR and the bowler about 8-10 feet behind the projector. it worked fine. it was placed directly behind the Wii (which was placed on top of the projector - which stands about 16 inches high). you don't really see the projector as you concentrate on the screen.

yes. composit cables. the point is to have the sensor facing the user. it can probably be on the floor in front of the screen, or on a low table below the screen. it does not have to be attached to anything. kis

yes. composit cables. the point is to have the sensor facing the user. it can probably be on the floor in front of the screen, or on a low table below the screen. it does not have to be attached to anything. kis

no! i said component. why would you use composite for! thats stupid

Back