Wii Sports OK, Wii Play Not

raiders81

WiiChat Member
Dec 26, 2007
First post, hopefully it's in the right section...
We have been playing Wii Sports with no problems all day. (All games except boxing)
Tonight I tried to play (Wii Play) and the very first game is Target practice and the "X" on the screen won't move no matter what I try.
I did some troubleshooting and found that when I go into the sensitivity section in the options I only see one (1) dot and not two (2) like the book suggests.
I've turned off lights, turn some on, remounted the sensor bar and it doesn't seem to make any difference.

Also, when I go to Wii Home, (no game in console) I can't get the "hand" to show up on the screen to select Wii Menu or Reset no matter where I point.

Any ideas on what else I could try?

Setup...
42" Sharp Aqous LCD, Wall mounted and sensor bar is on top.

Well, although it may sound stupid, make sure the sensor bar is plugged in to the wii. Then make sure that there are no lights or other things (Candles, Christmas trees, etc.) that could interfere with the connection. After you have done this and still doesn't work, slap the wiimote on your hand a couple times. Trust me, it works.

I think it has to do with the lighting.
There are no Christmas lights in the location of where the Wii is located.
I've got 2 sets of pot lights in the basement and with 1 set (4 100w energy efficent bulbs) on I can use the hand to select things in the Menu's but can't play games.
When I turn on the second set of pot lights and point the Wiiremote in the direction of those pot lights I can play the games but it's very hard since I'm pointing at the lights rather than the TV.

What can I do in this situation?

This thing is way to sensitive...

I've tried it anywhere from 3' to 10' and it's the same issue

Go to the Wii option menu at the bottom corner of the wii menu. I think if you follow the right options you can change your sensitivity. But, I'm not sure how much that would help you, that's just all I can think of.

Attached is a layout of the Wii placement and the lighting...

Attachments

• Wii setup and lights.JPG
    Wii setup and lights.JPG
    16.2 KB · Views: 125
Have you tried playing in complete darkness? Seems sort of boring, but... I guess if it works..

Hmm I really don't know. Maybe your sensor bar is broken or possibly covered up by something. Where is your sensor bar located?

The sensor bar is located right on top of the TV on the sensor bar holder.
i think I might have to call customer support tomorrow.

If anyone is interested, only 1 side of the sensor bar is working.
The tech had me look at the sensor bar with a digital camera and I saw 5 lights on the left side and none on the right side.
They are sending out a new sensor bar.

Back