Wii stopped reading SD card.

Drunk Duck

WiiChat Member
Oct 10, 2007
Wii Online Code
2017-1102-3127-7409
I bought an SD card the other day, put it in my Wii and copied my VC games to it with no problem. Today I put some mp3's on the SD card, put it back in the Wii and now the Wii won't read or Write data to the card. If I put the card in my PC's carf reader it shows the Wii files and the mp3 files. When I put it back in the Wii and go to data management and then to SD card it knows there is a card in the slot as it tells me how many block there is. But it shows no data and when I try to copy VC game files it says this file cannot be copied. Any clues?

Sounds like the mp3's are messing with it. Try taking em off the SD card and plug it in your wii and see if that works

How big is it? If its over 2GB the Wii won't read it... I don't know why Nintendo did that:mad5:

ya same thing happen to mines till i put a vc game on it i think mines is corrupt lol that went to my moms fone she is gona freak out! lol wish me gl

It's only a 1gig card. I think it could have been the mp3 file, is was quite large around 45mins long. Although I've got the mp3 to work with Endless ocean and some files can be copied to the card but not all, I get a message saying "this file cannot be copied"

Yea I have a card for VC games and Game Saves and I have one that I use on my camera and one that I use to put cool pictures online into a slide show. And the two picture ones have a ton of songs on there well whatever fits on 1GB with pictures

BIGTONE1
So you cant copy games and transfer from wii to wii.

No the games can only be played on Wiis that have purchased the game

Last edited:
Back