Wii to Pc Monitor Connection - Help plzz

hahaha

WiiChat Member
Mar 16, 2008
Had sum question s i have a wii i want to connect it to my samsung 22 inch widescreen syncmaster 2232gw.. i bought this connector from ebay for some reason it when i connect it from the wii to the monitor it shows this sign .. not optimum mode recommended mode 1680 x 1050 60hz ... any idea how i can make this work .. this is the wii connector i got ...http://cgi.ebay.com/New-VGA-Cable-Ad...QQcmdZViewItem
If you have any info please let me know .. just got super smash bros ..cant wait to play it ... thanks in advance ............

My Wii is connected to a 20.1" Widescreen PC Monitor (VGA D-sub connection). I use the KWorld TVBox 1680ex to connect the Wii and other video components to this monitor.

$62 after shipping

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16815260010R&ATT=15-260-010R&CMP=OTC-Froogle&nm_mc=OTC-Froogle&cm_mmc=OTC-Froogle-_-Video+Devices+++TV+Tuners-_-Kworld+Computer+Co.+Ltd-_-15260010R

It supports 1080p audio, HD-TV tuner, Svideo, and RCA, etc.

See Spoiler for SPECS!
:yesnod:

Model Brand document.write(neg_specification_newline('KWORLD')); KWORLD Model document.write(neg_specification_newline('KW-SA220')); KW-SA220 Specifications TV Tuner document.write(neg_specification_newline('Yes')); Yes FM Tuner document.write(neg_specification_newline('No')); No Remote Control document.write(neg_specification_newline('Yes')); Yes Interface document.write(neg_specification_newline('VGA')); VGA Video Display document.write(neg_specification_newline('800x600, 1024x768, 1280x1024, 1440x900, 1680x1050')); 800x600, 1024x768, 1280x1024, 1440x900, 1680x1050 Ports In document.write(neg_specification_newline('Composite video input (RCA)
S-Video input (4PIN)
YPbPr input (RCA)
VGA input
Mini jack (stereo) (3.5mm)')); Composite video input (RCA)
S-Video input (4PIN)
YPbPr input (RCA)
VGA input
Mini jack (stereo) (3.5mm) Ports Out document.write(neg_specification_newline('D-SUB output
Composite video output
Mini jack (stereo) (3.5mm)')); D-SUB output
Composite video output
Mini jack (stereo) (3.5mm) System Requirements document.write(neg_specification_newline('No specific PC system required
LCD, CRT, Plasma or projectors with VGA or Component Video input
Video input device (e.g. VCR, V8, DVD player, TV game console etc.)')); No specific PC system required
LCD, CRT, Plasma or projectors with VGA or Component Video input
Video input device (e.g. VCR, V8, DVD player, TV game console etc.) Specifications document.write(neg_specification_newline('Power: 5V DC, 800mA')); Power: 5V DC, 800mA Features Features document.write(neg_specification_newline('Supports widescreen LCD 1680x1050 resolution LCD TV Box
*Compatible with (VGA(800x600), XGA(1024x768), SXGA(1280x1024), WXGA+(1440X900), 1680X1050
Includes advanced scanning frequency increasing technology to make the refresh rate up to 60Hz or 75Hz, which delivers stable pictures without flicker.
Supports 4:3/16:9 / 16:10 picture aspect ratio.
Allows multi-channel pre-view function to facilitate the channel selection.
Enables still-picture function, which allows you to capture wonderful moments in TV program.
Special PIP function: window size and position are adjustable. (*PIP Mode can’t work on 1680x1050)
Full-function remote control.
3D-effect OSD to give easy operations.
AV/S-VIDEO/YPbPr input interface can be extended by using MMI cable so that the product can be connected with DVD, PS2 game machine etc. The product supports standard-definition and high-definition signal input (480I/ 480P/ 576I/ 576P/ 720P/ 1080I).
Auxiliary functions such as automatic power up or shutdown within 24 hours, calendar, calculator, game and etc.
Channel number ordering function allows you to arrange the order of programs as your favorites.
PC/TV changeover switch.
Support video output function.
Built in Speaker so there is no need for external speakers')); Supports widescreen LCD 1680x1050 resolution LCD TV Box
*Compatible with (VGA(800x600), XGA(1024x768), SXGA(1280x1024), WXGA+(1440X900), 1680X1050
Includes advanced scanning frequency increasing technology to make the refresh rate up to 60Hz or 75Hz, which delivers stable pictures without flicker.
Supports 4:3/16:9 / 16:10 picture aspect ratio.
Allows multi-channel pre-view function to facilitate the channel selection.
Enables still-picture function, which allows you to capture wonderful moments in TV program.
Special PIP function: window size and position are adjustable. (*PIP Mode can’t work on 1680x1050)
Full-function remote control.
3D-effect OSD to give easy operations.
AV/S-VIDEO/YPbPr input interface can be extended by using MMI cable so that the product can be connected with DVD, PS2 game machine etc. The product supports standard-definition and high-definition signal input (480I/ 480P/ 576I/ 576P/ 720P/ 1080I).
Auxiliary functions such as automatic power up or shutdown within 24 hours, calendar, calculator, game and etc.
Channel number ordering function allows you to arrange the order of programs as your favorites.
PC/TV changeover switch.
Support video output function.
Built in Speaker so there is no need for external speakers

Thanks for the info

Hey .. thanks for the info .. but would it still work with my monitor .....

anyone slse have anyinof on the samsung monitor problems

Thanks for the info guys... there another person with the same problem .. anyone else have the same problem or has info on this please do help .....

thats all there is available. a VGA converter box.
i (we) havent found anything else out there.

Send me a PM if you want a link to an ebay auction that is a solution t your problem. Apparently posting the solutiong is classed as 'ebay spam' as brought to my attention by a moderator, so if you want a product that solves your problem feel free to PM me, wouldn't want to spam your thread with a solution to your problem.

those converters are probably outputting at 640x480 resolution, your monitor is just complaining because it can do better than that, the problem is that the Wii (or any other standard NTSC or PAL output) can't, it's just a quality thing, and it's actually as good as it can get. If your monitor won't output at all, then I have no answer

Back