Wii U poll, basic or deluxe.

castlezelda

WiiChat Member
Feb 7, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
How many people bought a Wii U at lunch date? And if you did get your hands on a Wii U which one did you buy the Deluxe or the Basic?

I didn't preorder mine so I was stuck on getting the basic model. Gamestop pissed me off so i didn't preorder from them and Toys R US (was the nicest), Target (were all sold out but they had Wii U game to buy, but whats a console w/o games), Walmart (was rude to me), Best Buy were all sold out. Luckily went to a retail gaming store that had one Wii U, but only the basic model, so I bought it. But the cashier pressured me buy saying "okay if you don't buy this, but I guarantee someone will"

What do you think are the Pros & Cons of the Wii U system? If you did buy one, are you gonna buy retail games or download them off a external drive?

Didn't get mine at launch 'cause I'm dumb, but thanks to a friend I got my hands on a Deluxe straight off the shelf. Lady luck smilin' on me for once. :lol:

The only con I see so far is the harsh loadin' times, which will be patched eventually anywho.

Gonna be downloadin' games t' take advantage of the whole "10% back on digital purchases" deal.

Deluxe is the way to go (and the way I went) with all the accessories and the game bundled with it. That 10% deal really has me thinking about downloading the games, but it will depend on the game. I would most likely buy the retail copy of epic games such as Legend of Zelda to display on the shelf and have access to all the goodies inside the box.

Load times are a little long. I like the way the data was transferred from my Wii. Those Pikmin were a cute touch. I think the best remains to be seen with Nintendo TVii. That cannot come soon enough for me.

Yeah I might talk the basic model back to where i bought it from, get my money back, turn around and buy a deluxe model, i told gamestop 7.5 Miles from me to hold it for ready to pickup, so i might do that, i was so disgusted by what that employee told me "okay if you don't buy this, but I guarantee someone will". and yes that loading times r long, once it took too long thought it froze so i unplugged it opps. i wanna see that TVii feature, and gotta rebuy Trine 2 Directors cut thats a kickars game. I think. That what I had in mind, to download games

But maybe nintendo put more goodies in the digital version of the retailed ones. more or less or the same goodies. one can dream can't they.

Last edited:
I held out until I found a Deluxe. It was just a better deal. For $50 more you get 32gb of storage, a game, charging cradle for the game pad, a better colored console, and 10% back on digital purchases. It was a no brainer IMO

thats what i wanted is the deluxe but i felt so pressure into buying the basic and kicking myself ever since.

I walked into walmart on black friday (never again....) and they had a single WiiU standard. I told myself no. Found one on the shelf the very next wednesday at Target. Kept checking the stock online throughout the day and finally at around 7 while I was in class it said they had them in stock. Swung by on my way home and they had 2. Someone bought one as I was waiting to be helped. I got the last one. The guy behind me wanted one too. He wasn't happy lol.

cool, at least u got one, but am i nuts about what the guy told me am i right i should return it, and buy the deluxe one i wanted in the first place? i felt so pressured that day by the employee.

Last edited:
cool, at least u got one, but am i nuts about what the guy told me am i right i should return it, and buy the deluxe one i wanted in the first place? i felt so pressured that day by the employee.

Retail employees are told to sell. He was just doing his job. Honestly, it is up to you if you want to return it. The basic does the same stuff. Just the deluxe comes with more. I personally wanted the "more" so I got the deluxe but then again I get the deluxe of everything I buy lol. Im a sucker for that stuff.

Retail employees are told to sell. He was just doing his job. Honestly, it is up to you if you want to return it. The basic does the same stuff. Just the deluxe comes with more. I personally wanted the "more" so I got the deluxe but then again I get the deluxe of everything I buy lol. Im a sucker for that stuff.

yes i know he was his job but "pressuring someone' isn't right i think and i did want the deluxe, i wanted to stand it up, plus on the side note i really don't have the room for an external drive and a wii u w/o it standing up but i dunno i might get the deluxe one like i wanted or just keep the basic, how do u clean the touch screen, do u know? does the deluxe get fingerprints on it or no?

I'll most likely get the deluxe, cause it seems like the superior deal. If I can find one, that is. Not even sure when I'll be getting it.

how do u clean the touch screen, do u know? does the deluxe get fingerprints on it or no?
I haven't tried to clean it yet but I'd just use my microfiber cloth I have for my glasses. It's what I use on my 3ds and they have basically the same type of touch screen. They do get fingerprints but I am planning on getting the Hori WiiU screen Protector when it is released.
Right 'n wrong don't come into it, a job's a job.
Unless that job is something like being a hitman or baby punching.

Baby punching is an actual job? ... My god, what've I been missin' in life?

I solely use my stylus at the moment, but I'd imagine that'l change for when I actually play Wii U games since holdin' the gamepad alongside the stylus makes it just a tad troublesome t' press the R buttons.

Back