Wii U Pro Controller Lasts 80 Hours On One Charge, Doesn’t Work With Any Wii Games

hybrid -x1

~graceful assassin~
Sep 14, 2010
Shooting Star Suimmit
Wii Online Code
1000-2000-3000-4000
wii_u_pro_controller_black_white.jpg

According to GameStop, the Wii U Pro Controller can last up to 80 hours on a single charge, which is certainly a longer duration than the Wii U's main controller, the Wii U GamePad, after one charge. For the sake of comparison, an Xbox 360 controller lasts about 25-30 hours with new batteries.

Although Wii U is backward compatible with most Wii games, GameStop claims that the Wii U Pro Controller cannot be used with any Wii game; you cannot use any of Wii U's controllers to play Super Smash Bros. Brawl, for example.

The Wii U Pro Controller features the dual analog sticks and ergonomic button layout that you’ve come to expect, as well as a rechargeable battery that can last up to 80 hours on a single charge.

Source: MyNintendoNews

80 hours, hot damn. I expect it t' be pretty weighty then for a large charging cell, not that I've any complaints 'bout that. I prefer a controller with weight to it.

... The fact it ain't compatible with Wii games is a big disappointment though. The controller's layout is literally a 360, bar the right analogue stick and the buttons switchin' places. Much as I like it, I don't see why I'd need this besides for local multiplayer since it isn't backwards compatible. I'll probably just be grabbin' a classic controller instead'a this.

I was thinking the same thing about not getting this controller but I changed my mind. I ****ING want it now lol
80 house of life, clickable joysticks, WIRELESS, it's pretty much a 360 controller like ya said....so yep ;DD

Back