Wii UK Tour Locations

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
From 10th November 2006 to the 13th January 2007 Nintendo will be running a two month sampling campaign of the Nintendo Wii.

The tour will take place across 60 different locations in the UK and Ireland and will give the public the chance to play and learn about the console.

Nintendo’s aim with Wii as with its handheld DS console, is to expand the gaming population and appeal to people who have never thought about picking up a games consol at all. As a result the focus for the sampling is on key mainstream and family events and destinations from shopping malls including Bluewater Shopping Centre, Birmingham Bullring and Sheffield’s Meadow Hall to events including The Good Food Show, Ideal Home Exhibition and Glasgow’s Irn Bru Carnival.

Nintendo's want to get the Wiimote into the hands of 1 million people prior to the December launch.

Taking its cue from the above-the-line strategy, Wii sampling will take place in two very distinct ways. The first is in a series of modular room sets that have been created to look like the living rooms, bedrooms and homes of people from across the UK complete with TV’s, sofas, bed and all assorted paraphernalia. People can simply walk into the room (which only has two walls for access and visibility) sit down and play away. The second sampling mechanic is a series of portable ‘busking units’ that enables much more reactive and tactical sampling. These units can simply be unloaded quickly and easily wheeled to their destination, used for a short time and then move on.

The two month tour will merge into a six month campaign aimed at ‘gaming for everyone’ and will take in the following locations:

Centre MK, Milton Keynes (A) 18th-24th December
Irn Bru Carnival, Glasgow SECC 23rd December - 14th January
The Liberty, Romford 2nd-7th January
White Rose, Leeds 2nd-7th January
Castlecourt, Belfast 2nd-7th January
Brent Cross Shopping Centre, London 9th-14th January
The Gyle, Edinburgh 9th-14th January
West Quay Centre, Southampton 9th-14th January
Bristol University 17th January
St David's Centre, Cardiff 18th-21st January
Nottingham Trent University 24th January
The Shires, Leicester 25th-27th January
Sheffield Hallam University 31st January
Glasgow University 31st January
Trinity College Dublin 31st January
Luton Airport (B) 5th - 11th Feb
Gatwick South (B) 5th-18th Feb
Xscape, Braehead 17th-18th Feb
The Victoria Centre, Nottingham 19th-25th Feb
Gatwick North (B) 19th-25th Feb
Stansted Airport (B) 19th Feb - 4th March
Xscape, Castleford Leeds 24th-25th Feb
Centre MK, Milton Keynes (B) 28th Feb - 3rd march
Braehead Shopping Centre, Glasgow 5th-11th March
Crufts 2007, Birmingham NEC 8th-11th March
Ideal Home Show, Earl's Court London 9th March - 1st April
Quad Show, Birmingham NEC 16th-18th March
Bluewater Shopping Centre, Kent (B) 16th-18th March
Vitality Show, London Olympia 29th March - 1st April
Memorabilia Show, Birmingham NEC 31st March - 1st April

Source: Press Release

woohooo im about a 30 minute walk from whiterose leeds. Of course by then ill have an actuall wii.

Thats a good point; only two of the above take place before the wii launch. I must say im a bit surprised; why would they need to do this to attract customers, when they keep saying about how the demand is larger than supply for wii? It would have made more sence to do this mid-year or closer to next christmas when there are far more wii's and most gamers have them.

where The Fuggs Manchester On The List

Crufts 2007, Birmingham NEC 8th-11th March
Rock and roll

Apparently there was a Wii trailer in Leeds (UK) if id have known i would have been straight there, i only found out the other day, i was heart-broken :p

Back