Wii Update

Wivo

WiiChat Member
Dec 9, 2007
Hello,

I have a question about updates. i've read that the wii is not at it's full potential, because Nintendo is hiding it. Its strategy is to wait a little and update. Thats why nintendo didnt reveal its hardware to the public. "the wii is an ipod, it keep updating until its an ipod touch"

Is this true

They will keep releasing Updates to make it better yes
But nothing Major like DVD Playback is planned nor excellent graphics

Wivo said:
i've read that the wii is not at it's full potential, because Nintendo is hiding it.

This is not true.

However, as developers learn more about the system, future games will tend to be better. But there's no magic update coming from Nintendo that will suddenly increase the raw CPU or graphical horsepower of the Wii.

So this will be the graphics until a new system comes out?

Wivo said:
So this will be the graphics until a new system comes out?

How good the graphics are depend a large part in what the developers do with the system. The Wii has seen a large number of quick and dirty sub-par ports that make the system look bad. For example, compare Mario Galaxy or Metroid Prime 3 to junk like Cruise'n. Art direction also plays a big part. So will the graphics get better? It depends on how much care and effor the developers put into their games.

However, you're not going to see the Wii suddenly start outputting high-def resolution or double the CPU clock rate. The Wii was not designed to compete with the Xbox 360 or Playstion 3 when it comes to raw horsepower. Emphasis was put on innovative game-play and accessibility to a wider audience at a lower price.

Since when did anyone play nintendo for the graphics ? I don't mean to sound rude but if you want good graphics you should buy yourself a different console. Nintendo are legendary for their gameplay, not their graphics.

Wii graphics are good when the developer of the game wants to:

Super Mario Galaxy
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles
Metroid Prime 3

To give you a few..

They are better than PS2 and XBOX (original) so it is good. Maybe no high definition but DVD quality that for me is good enough

Back