wii updated to 4.1 will not play my back-up discs

fradge

WiiChat Member
Aug 12, 2009
Hi after my younger brother read that if you update the wii then the rockband beatles game i bought will load properly he went and updated it from the update screen on the wii.
i have cd updates disabled and so as i have said updated my wii and now i have systen 4.1 installed on my wii instead of system 3.2.
Yes the beatles game will now load but i now cannot play any of my back-up discs.
I back-up all my games so that the originals do not get scratched doe anyone now of a way to get my wii to once again play my wii back-up discs.
Cheers fradge.

In case you dont know talk of back ups is not allowed.

Discs only get scratched by missuse

In case you dont know talk of back ups is not allowed.

Discs only get scratched by missuse
I do now sorry but when you have a younger brother who has a habit of dropping them i hope you can understand why i do it.
It is not for piracy reasons i own every game that i have.
i wrote my original post solely for the fact the most of the programs that worked with my 3.2 system wii now dont since my brother updated to 4.1.
Cheers fradge

If he's old enough to have the manual dexterity to play a Rock Band game, he should be old enough to properly care for a DVD disc.

skippy my teenage dork of a brother that doesnt care about any thing or any one but himself and if you cannot help with my problem then why post any thing at all.

Last edited:
Make him save his money and buy his own games. Maybe he'll treat them better.

Hi skippy yeh thats a good idea but with one fatal floor have you ever tried to part a 14yr old and his money it would be easier to rob a bank.
sorry about the snooty post its just i am desperate for help and if it doesnt come soon then i will just have to brake my brothers arms at least he cant damage my discs.
cheers fradge

skippy my teenage dork of a brother that doesnt care about any thing or any one but himself and if you cannot help with my problem then why post any thing at all.
Try to help people and not p+ss them off. dipstick

Hmm, let's see, some noob comes in talking of subjects that are off-limits to the board, then insults a long-time member. Nice start!

Try to help people and not p+ss them off. dipstick
OK calm down calm down

It would be for the best to show him how to take care of the discs. If he still missuses them only let him play on one game and only when your in the room

Fradge, can your 14 yr old brother save up his money and buy his own games instead of ruining yours, as for back-ups i don't know how to do that. go to wiihacks.com or tehskeen.orgor try wiibrew.org and ask around in there please, talking bout backups isn't allowed here...sorry about that.

Hi there thanks for the codes and the web sites. i do know now that b-ups are not talked about and wont mention them again.
I would delete this post if i could as i got hammered for it but i cant seem to find out how.
Found a way of stopping my brother while i am at work just going to brake his arms.
Apologised to skippy but as i say i was sick of getting hammered.
cheers fradge

Back