Wii using GC Memory Card

cameronl47

WiiChat Member
Feb 8, 2007
I am using my new Wii and trying to play SSBM and I know i have saved data on the Memory Card and I start to boot the Wii and it says that It dosent see any saved data.. I am using a MadCats memory card plz help.....
Also it is in slot A(1).

Thx A Bunch

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can bring a noob to water.
But you cant make a noob drink

cameronl47 said:
I am using my new Wii and trying to play SSBM and I know i have saved data on the Memory Card and I start to boot the Wii and it says that It dosent see any saved data.. I am using a MadCats memory card plz help.....
Also it is in slot A(1).

Thx A Bunch

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can bring a noob to water.
But you cant make a noob drink

Buy a Nintendo brand GC memory card; problem solved.

Dude im just asking (without having to buy a new memory card since money after wii is scarce) is there a way to make it work? Or does this type of memory card just not work?

cameronl47 said:
Dude im just asking (without having to buy a new memory card since money after wii is scarce) is there a way to make it work? Or does this type of memory card just not work?

Nope it won't work. Third party GC Memory cards aren't compatible.

Is it possible to transfer my Gc memory card adta to my SD card because you can with the Wii saved games.

Wow csiguy, your so full of crap. Just because you hate third party stuff doesn't mean you have to lie to people. Ninty said that they're not garanteed to work, not that they're not compatible at all.

Cameron: Get first party card, use gamecube (I assume you have one) to first see if the card works in there and then move data to the first party.

That would suck to have to start all over and unlock Mewtwo the right way (not 4 player vs and leave it overnight)

I use a Mad Catz GC memory card and it works fine. Paid $2.99 for it used at Game Stop.

Brawny said:
Wow csiguy, your so full of crap. Just because you hate third party stuff doesn't mean you have to lie to people. Ninty said that they're not garanteed to work, not that they're not compatible at all.

Cameron: Get first party card, use gamecube (I assume you have one) to first see if the card works in there and then move data to the first party.

That would suck to have to start all over and unlock Mewtwo the right way (not 4 player vs and leave it overnight)

i use a GC brand card and i'm having the same issue except i'm trying to play metroid prime. doesn't sound like a card brand issue...

Did you try to see it on your GC (if you have one) or after the update look on the data tab in data management.

If nothing shows up on either, then your screwed. If it shows data but can't access it, then call up Ninty

Last edited:
When I tried to play SSBM on my Wii, the Wii said that the memory was corrupted, then I told it to erase and start over, but it just recovered the lost material, anyone else have the same thing happen? I can't remember the brand name off the top of my head, but it as a third party company that made the GC memory card.

Back