Wii Wi-Fi problem

Axtlar

Del fuego he resurgido...
Nov 26, 2006
Houston Tx.
Wii Online Code
7688-9638-8193-7668
Hello, I'm having problems with my Wii's Wi-Fi connection..I only had this problem once and it was 2 months ago: I have a router and connect to the on my Wii with it, but recently, the Wii doesn't find any access points from the router and I have tried everything in the routers page; change the channel, change the password, reset defaults, security, everything and still the same problem persists..Some people have told me that it's the firewall not letting my Wii access it, so if this is it, how do I resolve? I would like people who have had the same problem and resolved it later to answer please, thank you.

Could be bad reception where the Wii is physically located. Try testing with the Wii within a few feet of the router.

Could be interference by other wifi devices in your area.

Could be interference by other 2.4GHz devices in your area.

sremick said:
Could be bad reception where the Wii is physically located. Try testing with the Wii within a few feet of the router.

Could be interference by other wifi devices in your area.

Could be interference by other 2.4GHz devices in your area.

Oh, yeah that could be it...I'll try to do that and see if it works, thanks for the help.

another option is that the radio stage is failing, especially as you had this problem before and now you cannot find the access point. check with a laptop or other pc to see if they can find the access point.
good luck.

Yes, the computers can find the access points, but the Wii can't for some reason.

{Axtlár} said:
Yes, the computers can find the access points, but the Wii can't for some reason.
All that tells you is the AP is working. It can still be a reception issue for where the Wii is located.

Move the Wii to within a few feet of the AP with no obstructions, to test the basic settings.

rules out the AP as the faulty part...back to the wii.
if it fails with the wii next to the AP, and it cannot see anything there is always the poss. that the wireless card in the wii has failed.
check all settings within the wii and if all else fails get a friends wii round to your house to confirm that yours is at fault.
poss your bro/sis mum/dad has messed up the settings on the wii!!.
have fun.

did you try unpluging and repluging your router to the outlet. That might work. Sometimes my bro's computer doesn't get a signal, but mine does. All he has to do is unplug and replug the router.

Back