WiiChat Decides 2012: The Official Political Discussion Thread for WiiChatters

TampaBondo

Number 1 GE Wiimote User
Dec 24, 2011
Cumberland, RI
Wii Online Code
8297-0574-6373-3839
With the election coming up in November, I decided to create a thread where people can post any political opinions, comments, questions, quotes, critiques, jokes, and otherwise. Feel free to express your opinion, within WiiChat rules and whatnot!

For my part...living in Tampa has been pretty damn inconvenient this week. Not that I mind the Republican National Convention coming to town (it brings a lot of commerce to Tampa)...it is just such a pain to drive anywhere downtown. Security is all over the place, protesters are constantly walking out in front of traffic, and you can't drive 1/2 mile without seeing some ad or sign along the street. After coming home tired from an overnight business trip, I settled onto my couch hoping to find something to watch on TV. Nope. The RNC was on every major and local channel, along with the stomach churning amount of political attack ads, which btw are already out of control! Things like:
"Did you know that Obama hates your children?"
"Did you know that Romney likes to beat up grandmas?"
"In 2011, Obama spent eleventy trillion dollars of tax payer money on a new toilet seat for the white house!"
"Romney is a big business bully that likes to buy out companies and fire your father from his job right before he retires!"

...and of course "I'm a dumbass and I approve this message" follows every single one of 'em! It's all outta control. (At least that's what they seem like to me!)

I for one know that I won't be voting for Obama in the upcoming election. I don't feel he's made good on any of his significant campaign promises when he was elected. However, doesn't it seem like elections like this always come down to a choice of the "best of two evils" rather than one candidate actually being 'better' than the other??? WiiChat...you decide!

Politicians are all a bunch'a sheep, imbeciles, or ambitions scum. That's my biased 'n lackluster opinion, and I'm stickin' to it.

And pow, I'm gone (from the thread).

Aww come on Karp. Not all politicians are that terrible. I mean, the dead ones aren't so bad! :thumbsup:

Even if you aren't quite old enough to vote, Neosquid, your opinion still counts! You can still influence and discuss with those that can. And since you will be old enough at some point, there's no reason you shouldn't learn about our future leaders now. The people that we put into office today have a huge impact on the life situations and opportunities our children will have tomorrow. Between gaming sessions, of course, I feel like everyone, even if not politically active, should at least learn a bit about those who are responsible for the running of our country. It's sad when people overseas are surveyed, and some of them know more about America than we do!

Right on Tamps. The more ya know 'bout the president, the easier it is to incite revolution if he turns out to be that bad of an apple.

It's sad when people overseas are surveyed, and some of them know more about America than we do!

I find it sadder that a small amount of USA-born folks that live in NYC don't know what 9/11 is, but that's besides the point I s'pose.

I have absolutely nothin' relevant nor interestin' to say, and would therefore keep my mouth shut were this not in White Noise. >_>

That's ok, Karp. When I started the thread, it was for ANYTHING political, even to make fun of politicians. Half of what they say is garbage anyway!

Last edited:
Situations like the ones we have right now are why it can be wise to not vote.

Interesting take, but I respectfully disagree... I think the old adage applies: "If you aren't part of the solution, you are part of the problem." In essence, if you don't vote to get someone out of office, mathematically, those who vote FOR that person will have their votes count more as a percentage of total. You don't need a majority to become President, just a plurality...

DEAR LORD! I SWEAR! Can I please log on to WiiChat at some point today and NOT see a picture of Barak O' Bama telling me to "get out and vote for him?" Leave it to Obama to advertise on a video game message board!?!?

Bah, I live in a country thats ran by idiots that dont know what matters first and probably have never wiped there fat arses on smart price bog roll

Sounds like you could be President of the United States!

As it turns out, tonight is the first of the US Presidential Debates from 9:00 - 10:30pm EST. If anyone can put their wiimotes down for an hour and a half, it could be interesting to watch 2 guys call each other names and try to sink each other's ships...

Last edited:
Back