Wiikly Update for 11/19/07 (US)

mym6

WiiChat Member
Jan 26, 2007
ND USA
Wrecking Crew™ (NES®, 1-2 players, rated E for Everyone, 500 Wii Points): In the days before Mario and Luigi became sports stars in their downtime between plumbing and saving the Princess, they tried their hands as one-man wrecking crews. With a hammer as their only tool, players take control of the brothers and set out to destroy ladders, rip out pipes, knock down walls and detonate explosive devices. But make sure to plan your path of destruction carefully, as each building is designed as its own clever puzzle—if you're not careful, you can easily trap yourself in a dead end. Adding to the excitement and challenge are fireballs, enemies and an angry foreman roaming the buildings. They're all trying to stop you from moving on to the next stage. With 100 buildings to demolish and the ability to construct your own, it's a wonder Mario and Luigi ever got back to saving the Mushroom Kingdom.

Sonic 3D Blast™ (Sega Genesis, 1 player, rated E for Everyone, 800 Wii Points): The evil Dr. Eggman (aka Dr. Robotnik) stumbles upon an alternate dimension where some odd birds called Flickies have the ability to travel anywhere. In order to get help in his search for the Chaos Emeralds, Dr. Eggman transforms the Flickies into robots that will help him track down his coveted gems. Of course, it's up to our favorite blue hedgehog, Sonic, to step in and save the day. Jump into this 3-D adventure as Sonic or his buddy Tails, and collect the golden rings to help free the Flickies and defeat the doctor.

Super Air Zonk (TurboGrafx16 CD-ROM, 1 player, rated E for Everyone – Mild Cartoon Violence, 800 Wii Points): Zonk is back in Super Air Zonk, the sequel to the shooting game spin-off of the Bonk series, Air “Zonk.” Now moving to a rockabilly beat and able to transform into nine different characters, Zonk lets loose through seven action-packed stages in another battle against his arch nemesis, SandroVitch. Power up Zonk with the classic Meat item, eventually turning him into the champion of justice, Ultra Zonk, or the fearsome Tyrano Zonk in the latter stages of the game. After rescuing his friends from enemies, Zonk can also morph with them to combine powers. Fight enemies with killer tunes belted out from a trusty microphone. Hurl freshly made sushi at them. With its variety of wacky attacks, Super Air Zonk has a sense of humor all its own.

So one game from each of the three big mascots, and they choose the worst game for each one. Ouch, that's a crappy anniversary update. :lol:

I say it every time.... blah blah blah worst games they could possibly dig out of the trash can, blah blah.

I remember when VC had good releases....

yea, this is a pretty terrible update, especially considering it's the anniversary, and Thanksgiving, seems like Nintendo missed out on a good opportunity here

I remember Wrecking Crew being pretty fun. Sonic 3D blast wasn't that great. The original Air Zonk actually looks better but this version has a better soundtrack.

thank you so much for posting this!

im at my school now, and i've been DIEING to know what the update was.

woot for sonic 3d blast!

BTW, just wanted to point out that if you actually want to play Super Air Zonk legally it's one of the rarest games for the Turbografx system. It sells for $180.

I have the sonic mega and gems collections, so I haven't had to dl any sonics yet. Might pick up Super Air Zonk eventually. Highly recommend the GC sonic sets to any sonic fan wanting to save a little.

Zackh321 said:
BTW, just wanted to point out that if you actually want to play Super Air Zonk legally it's one of the rarest games for the Turbografx system. It sells for $180.

Theres a few rareatys on that console
But rare dosnt mean good (The same gose with the company)

But since the first Air Zonk was a good shooter this version should be worth a look

For the 500th time, Im glad I bought Sonic GameCube Collection, so that I already happen to know that Sonic 3d Blast is garbage. Its actually more like a homeless woman giving birth in the dumpster to an armless flippered child.

Wrecking crew might have been fun 20 years ago, just like playing with blocks and coloring.

um, Happy Thanksgiving?

At least we got 3 games. Poor Europe only recieved 1 game last week. Gyromite would have been a much better addition (wrecking crew?!). It was a really fun game, and not one to be overlooked. I guess we got the turkey this Thanksgiving. Gobble gobble!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gyromite

another week starts, another 3 crappy releases for the vc. I guess we got spoiled awhile back and now they are sending out crap to make up for it.

This sucks i was hoping for Super mario RPG.
Yes i know shut up about the mario rpg
but i dont care.

Back