Wiimote acting up

DUM

WiiChat Member
Dec 18, 2006
So Sorry if this isn't in the right place. Mods move if needed.

Ok, so I bought the Wii, started it up and everything worked fine. I messed with the channels and such, wiimote is responding just fine.

So I popped in the Wii Sports disc and noticed a problem:

* I can't swing the racket in Tennis, I can throw the ball up to serve by pressing 'A' but cannot swing at the ball.
* I can't swing the bat in Baseball, my player is already swinging the bat, is that supposed to happen? I have not tried pitching.
* Bowling works just fine.
* When Boxing I can only punch/maneuver with my left hand (the nunchuck), my wiimote does not respond at all.
* In Golf I can use the d-pad and 'A' but cannot swing the club at all.

There is nothing obstructing the sensor bar, there are no strong light or heat sources, I have tried it on two TV's above and below each, and have resynced the remote twice to no avail.

If anyone has any ideas on how to resolve this, that would be great.

Thanks!

maybe you got a bad copy of wii sports does it act up with other games....?

If it moves around in the menus it should not be a problem with the mote . Try shutting the wii off and then waiting 15 min. PLug it back in and maybe it will work.

1. Take the batteries out of the Wiimote.
2. Turn off the Wii.
3. Unplug the Wii.
4. Plug the Wii back in.
5. Put the batteries back in the Wiimote.
6. Turn the Wii on using the Wiimote.

Yeah I've tried that. I have a couple friends with Wii's. I'll try the game and remote at their house.

Multiple Problems...

1 Not pointing it at Sensor
2 Sensor isn't plugged in properly...
3 Do what Sukhkular said and replug EVERYTHING and try to sinc it again.
4 Change the batteries
5 Fiddle with it

I have the same problem in tennis... Has anyone been able to fix it? I cant figure it out and I've tried all of those solutions

Call Customer Service

Sounds like your wiimote has faulty accelerometers and needs to be replaced. You should call or e-mail Nintendo customer service...they can hook you up.

As far as I know, the sensor bar is only used for the pointer functions (menu's etc, and games that use the pointer). For Wii sports tennis, the signal gets from your Wiimote to the Wii via Bluetooth wireless.

I would agree with Quatsch, seems faulty :(

thanks... i will call and then post what they say to do for anyone else with this problem

yes the ONLY thing in wii sports that uses the sensor bar is the cursor for pointing and clicking buttons, everything else is internal motion chip inside the wiimote.

I'd say you have a screwed up remote, I would say its nigh impossible for it to be a faulty game, I've NEVER heard of a game not accepting input from the controller because it was badly programmed else all the other presses wouldn't work and mine does.

Back