wiimote failed after update

dundee

WiiChat Member
Dec 21, 2006
Hi Guys.

I got my wii almost 2 weeks ago and everything has been fine until i connected to the internet. Got forecast and everything working fine, then it downloaded updates. After it installed the updates and rebooted, the remote stopped working. When i press a button, all 4 buttons flash blue then go off. I have tried new batteries and no change.

Also tried re-synching using the sync buttons, still get the flashing lights.

Anyone seen this before?

Thanks in advance! :)

happened to me too when i was trying to turn it on with my wii remote. i resynched n everything but it didnt work. but i just held the wii remote and pointed it to the sensor bar and it turned on the system. might be just luck though. try it.

After you do that, go to where the SD slot is at, there should be a red button there. Power up the Wii and press that red button and hold for 30-45 seconds. Afterward do the same thing by pressing your synch button on the remote.

Hi guys. Thanks for the quick replies. Have it sorted now, was sweating there for a bit!

There's no availability in the uk so i was dreading having to return it. I had tried resetting the wiimote already (nintendo recommend pressing the sync button for 15 seconds) but that never worked. Tried leaving the wii unplugged for a few minutes and the battery out of the wiimote, that never helped either!

45 seconds of holding the sync button, followed by 3 attempts at pressing the wiimote sync button and the console sync button solved.

Seems a common thing, also happened to me as well, went through 3 sets of batts before thinking about unplugging and resyncing

I had the same problem. The key is unplugging the Wii before you do the remote sync. If you don't, the remote will still not work. Mine is back up and running. By the way, the Wii rocks!! I'm 29 and this is the first Nintendo system I have had since the SNES. I think it revolutionizes gaming..My 2 cents.

guitargeek77 said:
I had the same problem. The key is unplugging the Wii before you do the remote sync. If you don't, the remote will still not work. Mine is back up and running. By the way, the Wii rocks!! I'm 29 and this is the first Nintendo system I have had since the SNES. I think it revolutionizes gaming..My 2 cents.

yup this is the answer. someone needs to make an FAQ with this info in it.:wink:

Back