WiiPod

Pablos1020

Wiiner
Aug 16, 2007
On the moon
Hey everybody! I was just thinking of how awesome it would be to be able to hook up my ipod to my wii using the usb port, listen to music, stream videos, and ultimately use the ipod as an alternative to an SD card. It would be called: WiiTunes.
Just daydreaming... does anyone else think that this would be awesome? or even possible?
P.S. I'm pretty sure Apple wouldn't support the idea, (coughappletvcough) but a standalone hacker/homebrewer might find this interesting...

Last edited:
The chances of that would be very slim. So far, you can only listen to music on the Photo Channel or while playing Excite Truck. I have to agree though, it would be nice to have a Music Channel where you can upload songs from your iPod then play them on the channel.

It would be interesting no doubt, and would give the Wii some more nice features.
You can still charge your i-pod last I heard.

CantGetAWii said:
It would be interesting no doubt, and would give the Wii some more nice features.
u can, i do it all the time lol

FR. said:
The chances of that would be very slim. So far, you can only listen to music on the Photo Channel or while playing Excite Truck. I have to agree though, it would be nice to have a Music Channel where you can upload songs from your iPod then play them on the channel.

Or by using Miimusic ;) from the almightywebproductions I swear it works

It may happen, but I doubt it, and it almost surely won't be an Apple supported program. You can download a thing for the 360 so it can play music from your iPod, so something similar could happen for the Wii. But then again, the 360 actually has a music player......

CantGetAWii said:
You can do that with anything that has a powered USB port.....

Last edited:
Why would you want to do this? As Cyberzomby said, you can use MiiMusic to stream all your MP3's from your PC wirelessly to your Wii. If your Wii is hooked in to your AV amp then it's awesome.

There's loads of apps out there like it. Personally I love FineTune on the Wii.....

Is that a downlodable program for the PC? Will check that out! I like using finetune too! pain in the arse when it won't let you skip songs tho! lol

why do you want to listen to music while you are staring at the tv? o_O
just listen with your earphones, speakers, idk. to me it seems kinda useless.. and why only ipod? it should be compatible with every other MP3/4.

meh, i use my ps3 for that anyways......trust me it wouldnt make a diffreence if wii could use ipod, right now they should be consertrating on their games,

nintendo cant hold their pencils till some of them fall away

in other words get to the friken hard core gamers already....

ok im off to bed, or psn

Samster said:
Why would you want to do this? As Cyberzomby said, you can use MiiMusic to stream all your MP3's from your PC wirelessly to your Wii. If your Wii is hooked in to your AV amp then it's awesome.

There's loads of apps out there like it. Personally I love FineTune on the Wii.....
But then you have to sit at the internet channel. It would be nice if you could listen to your music in game.....

You have the right idea, but you're putting yourself in a very small box.

Try "Get nintendo to release support for all or most external hard drives and flash drives". THAT is what needs to happen.

Back