Winter Olympics Hockey Hero Ryan Kesler Signs Up For NHL 2K11

Wii News

Wii News Blog
Oct 10, 2009

2K Sports has today announced that they have signed Ryan Kesler, star two-way forward for the Vancouver Canucks and 2010 Winter Olympics hero, to be featured as the cover athlete and spokesman for NHL 2K11. As a vital member of the 2010 US Olympic hockey team, Kesler caught the attention of sports fans worldwide with his gritty performances, so kudos to 2K for getting him to ink the deal. This is what Kesler had to say about his involvement in the game:

“Having the opportunity to participate in the Olympics and play in front of my home crowd was one of the best experiences of my life. To now be chosen as the next cover athlete for NHL 2K11 is another dream come true. It was awesome to work with 2K Sports last year on the NHL 2K10 commercial shoot and the outdoor motion capture session on the Las Vegas strip was incredible to be a part of. I’m looking forward to having just as much fun again, and helping them make another great hockey game this year.”

NHL 2K11 is currently being developed by Visual Concepts, a 2K Sports studio, and is due for release on the Wii in fall 2010.

Back