Worst gun in mW3?

Pythnator

WiiChat Member
Oct 23, 2011
Canada
Mine is the USAS. Low damage, rate of fire and range, and combined to create a turd. What about you?

[video=youtube;wS1dvlPMeuA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS1dvlPMeuA[/video]

^ Guilty as charged in MW2.

Akimbo PP2000 causes ruination of the best kind if you've got a controlled trigger finger... and scavenger. The .45s akimbo are good enough if ya don't want/can't afford scavenger too IMO.

It's funny how everyone hates the USAS which has the highest pellet of the Semi-auto shotguns, meaning it can score a 2 hit kill at the same ranges as the Model 1887 and the Pump actions. Hint: It also shoots faster then the pump actions.

Was I talking about Call of Duty again? Oh i'm sorry.

Mine is the USAS. Low damage, rate of fire and range, and combined to create a turd. What about you?

[video=youtube;wS1dvlPMeuA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS1dvlPMeuA[/video]

PM-9 shittiest gun to ever roam this earth.

I don't think that the type 95 is bad. I really like that gun but I don't use it that much anymore. Most shotguns OK but not the best. Worst gun - probably the Model 1887. Lever-action takes ages to reload every shot so if you miss the first shot, you're basically dead. Most annoying guns are where people use akimbo machine pistols because they are so overpowered. It really annoys me when people use secondary guns as primary guns. THEY'RE CALLED SECONDARY GUNS FOR A REASON.

THEY'RE CALLED SECONDARY GUNS FOR A REASON.

Aye, because they're (typically) smaller, more portable firearms.

Most annoying guns are where people use akimbo machine pistols because they are so overpowered.

Akimbo machine pistols gnaw through ammo faster than Popeye goes through spinach, meaning scavenger is a requirement if you intend to use 'em like a primary: that's one perk solely to make use of an attachment. Lack of ADS also means they're downright unreliable once you're outside regular ol' shotgun range. Akimbo MPs are essentially just SMGs that completely sacrifice the ability to competently kill at a medium distance to become "overpowered" at close range and close range only. At which point it just becomes a luck-contest of who flanks who first.

Sprayin' and prayin' with high RoF weapons is easy, so it's also easy to flag it as overpowered, but it's really not. That power comes at a huge price that can really neuter your competence on certain maps.

Lack of ADS also means they're downright unreliable once you're outside regular ol' shotgun range. Akimbo MPs are essentially just SMGs that completely sacrifice the ability to competently kill at a medium distance to become "overpowered" at close range and close range only.

You make some good points, Splash King, however people who use akimbo machine pistols can use the steady aim perk which greatly increases range.

Aye, Steady Aim effectively increases range by tightening hipfire spread. Keep in mind however, that the improvement still isn't enough t' allow you to consistently compete with other arms at a medium distance. Even when burst firing, Steady Aim still won't give you any sort of precision, only a better chance at hittin' farther off targets.

That, and you'll probably empty both magazines just to get one mid-range kill. A poor situation if the victim had friends in tow, or if a kill vulture swoops in to get ya while you're vulnerable. I wouldn't say Steady Aim makes anything game-breaking.

Hmm, I suppose that akimbo machine pistols aren't great at long range, but in maps like Dome and Lockdown when the majority of battles are close range, the akimbo machine pistols have an advantage over any other weapon because the "fire rate" and "damage" bars on the machine pistol are basically doubled because you have 2 of the guns. Therefore, they are almost twice as deadly as any other submachine gun or assault rifle.

Indeed. The power of akimbo machine pistols is overkill at close range. But the same can be said for an (on-target) shotgun shelling, or a really good SMG. When you've two top tier close-range weapons in a close range map, it doesn't come down to the gun, it comes down to the gunner. Who notices and flanks who first wins. But if both run into each other around a corner, it then comes down to who pulled the trigger quickest.

That's my argument as to why akimbo MPs aren't blatantly broken: close-range combat in CoD comes down to that, really. Who has the close-range weapon; if both, who has better positioning and/or reaction time.

IMO a weapon isn't broken unless it dominates two different ranges without much trouble. i.e. a semi-auto sniper that one-shots no matter where ya hit would be utterly broken with an ACOG.

Back