bought #1 opening day
#1 has sound problem
called Nintendo and they mailed out a new console
sent #1 back
#2 does not load disks... whatsoever. Grinding noise and it won't grip the CD
called Nintendo and they mailed out a new console
Nintendo is appalled by my luck
sent #2 back
#3 has the dreaded "could not connect to WiiConnect24" error - this is a known hardware issue
Nintendo really appalled by my luck

Nintendo is sending me out a REPAIR sticker this time, because this is a repair issue. They are using priority overnight.

I have hardly gotten a chance to play the thing. I am so disappointed.

csiguy4u said:
#3 sounds more like user error to me; you probably didn't get your setting correctly.

try again

remember... this is my third. I have done all this three times now ;)

the 5 digit code associated with my error is the infamous hardware problem that is going around. hence why they are repairing it instead of sending a new one. Its a bad hardware piece. I cannot use the SD slot correctly either, which the guy confirmed on the phone.

Omg that sucks. :sick:

Well....just hope this doesn't happen to anyone else...dang, that's some really bad luck man.

Ahh.... someone out there doesn't want you to get a Wii ;) :lol: Lol :)

Best of luck :)

hopefully that doesnt happen to me when i get my Wii, well good luck with the console repair :D

man that sucks dude hope you get it fixed nintendo is good about things i had to get my ds fixed 3 times first time ruined screen with scratch repair kit, second time they sent me it fixed but the D-Pad was put in wrong so i couldn't play games right, third time i spilt sprite on it thats when i gave up and waited for the DS Lite to be out which has been threw alot o already spilt something on it but nothing happened because i got silicon skin for it :) not ganna let this one die!

stu said:
what do you mean by a sound problem

I posted it a while back in a thread....

but after a while of playing the sound would go full static, then do all sorts of weird stuff. I hooked it into many different devices to test. Same thing each time. After a while it would work again.

I gotta agree with csiguy up above, sounds like some user error to me. 3 in a row? If you put that into statistics then we should be hearing about A LOT more problems than we are.

iplaywii said:
I gotta agree with csiguy up above, sounds like some user error to me. 3 in a row? If you put that into statistics then we should be hearing about A LOT more problems than we are.

coincidences do happen you know.

the problems I had have all been documented by Nintendo. They have all been KNOWN issues.

That is the definition of bad luck
...... not going with statistics. That is why you call it good luck or 'lucky' to win the lottery or even a scratch off.... because according to statistics your chances of winning suck and are not probable.

It sounds like there's a 360 in your house. The Wii is contracting the same symptoms. That or you just got yours from a bad batch.

Back