WTF Activison, concerns GH3

ejmonkey3

WiiChat Member
Nov 13, 2006
ok i really am tired of activision, i have really had enough of them. so first thing is i have ps3 and got gh3, and said that the guitar would work with rock band, and then it didnt, so i was not suprised by it but it sucked. then harmonix had a patch to fix it, but Activision stopped it, which really screws over ps3 owners. anyways my father bought a wii 2 weeks ago, and he got GH3 for the wii. i thought sweet, then i find out it only has mono, and im like no biggie, ill just get online and get a replacement. so i do that and then in the mail 3 days later i get an envelope and letter stateing to put my one and only Copy of GH3 in there and they will send me a new one later. seriously what the F$%& activision. you couldnt even send me the fixed disc, and then i send you the old disc, i would have been very cool with this but no they decided to do this. i dont understand it, why would they do this, its just another slap in the face to it's customers. maybe i'm spoiled with EA's great customer service, but i still dont understand why they dont send the updated version, then i send it the damaged one. they really need to fix this.

Im not taking sides here but if you want to complain about then dont send it in

and do you know how badly Activision will get screwed over if they send you fixed version, then you mail old one, people will just keep the old one and sell it off ebay

it only takes a week, and plus you get a free faceplate, not gonna hurt ya to send it in

it's basically a win win situation

Last edited:
i know what i wrote was negatove, and yes i will not send it in untill later. however i do still disagree, i mean the old disc is worth nothing, i mean i would never sell it on ebay. i think they should have atleast given you the option to get the disc first, by like asking for a credit card to pre charge you for 50 and then once they get the old disc they take it off. sort of like how EA did RockBand. but i do also understand how sending the disc first could lose alot of money, and well with the lawsuits there facing, they are going to need it badly

ejmonkey3 said:
ok i really am tired of activision, i have really had enough of them. so first thing is i have ps3 and got gh3, and said that the guitar would work with rock band, and then it didnt, so i was not suprised by it but it sucked. then harmonix had a patch to fix it, but Activision stopped it, which really screws over ps3 owners. anyways my father bought a wii 2 weeks ago, and he got GH3 for the wii. i thought sweet, then i find out it only has mono, and im like no biggie, ill just get online and get a replacement. so i do that and then in the mail 3 days later i get an envelope and letter stateing to put my one and only Copy of GH3 in there and they will send me a new one later. seriously what the F$%& activision. you couldnt even send me the fixed disc, and then i send you the old disc, i would have been very cool with this but no they decided to do this. i dont understand it, why would they do this, its just another slap in the face to it's customers. maybe i'm spoiled with EA's great customer service, but i still dont understand why they dont send the updated version, then i send it the damaged one. they really need to fix this.
do i even have to insult you? first off why would you buy gh3 for two consoles? second, well if they sent you a fixed version what would MOST PEOPLE do? sell the mono version online for 50 dollars. and if im right the xbox 360 version of rockband does support the gh3 guitars.

Yes people WOULD sell the game on ebay. why? Because it is pretty much sold out anywhere and all you would need is a Nyko guitar and you got the game cheaper. and like you they wouldn't know its Mono.

Last edited:
ejmonkey3 said:
i know what i wrote was negatove, and yes i will not send it in untill later. however i do still disagree, i mean the old disc is worth nothing, i mean i would never sell it on ebay. i think they should have atleast given you the option to get the disc first, by like asking for a credit card to pre charge you for 50 and then once they get the old disc they take it off. sort of like how EA did RockBand. but i do also understand how sending the disc first could lose alot of money, and well with the lawsuits there facing, they are going to need it badly

It would be handing out free games, you don't know if the person requesting a new one even has a right to it, Recipts can be forged. The only way you get a new one is to send in a legit old one that works! Not everyone has a credit card and not ever credit card is legit thats a sad way to do things it just asks for trouble.
If you figure out the system anyone and their brother could just put a GH3 sticker on some CD-R and get a free copy of GH3 over and over and over again at different addresses.
They check each disk they get in to make sure its real I assure you.

And they more than make up for it with Free shipping, Free faceplate... And if you really pissed a full refund no questions asked worth more than the game itself. I don't know how many times EA has done a full out flop job on a game and had to replace it but Activision has been around for decades, and although this may be a pain to do its a very fair, smart way to do it and they more than compensate you for the headache.

Disturbed1 said:
and do you know how badly Activision will get screwed over if they send you fixed version, then you mail old one, people will just keep the old one and sell it off ebay

They could have handled it like most other companies do in order to not inconvenience customers: You given them your credit card number and they send you the new desc first. You then mail your old disc back to them. If you don't send the old one back, after awhile they charge you for it. That way you are never without the game.

Skippy said:
They could have handled it like most other companies do in order to not inconvenience customers: You given them your credit card number and they send you the new desc first. You then mail your old disc back to them. If you don't send the old one back, after awhile they charge you for it. That way you are never without the game.

i said that in an ealier post, they should have done it

balrogs.pa said:
do i even have to insult you? first off why would you buy gh3 for two consoles? second, well if they sent you a fixed version what would MOST PEOPLE do? sell the mono version online for 50 dollars. and if im right the xbox 360 version of rockband does support the gh3 guitars.

Yes people WOULD sell the game on ebay. why? Because it is pretty much sold out anywhere and all you would need is a Nyko guitar and you got the game cheaper. and like you they wouldn't know its Mono.

yeah the 360 does support it, but whatever, im not even going there. if you had read my post you would see that i didnt buy it, my father did for his wii downstairs. are you seriously about GH3 for the Wii beign sold out? that can't be because there a dime a dozen here in mn. every gamestop, bb, target, they have stacks of them.

Skippy said:

That's exactly what Nintendo does when you send in your busted Wii, if you do the advanced replacement option.

As far as Activision...screw them. Release an inferior, buggy version of GH3, have the nerve to charge $70 for a friggin guitar replacement SHELL (no Wiimote included, of course), offer no DLC, etc. etc. I'm sending my GH3 back in for a full refund and then some (the $132). Screw them. And I don't even care about the mono thing, personally, as I have a crappy TV with no stereo separation between the speakers anyway.

Disturbed1 said:
Im not taking sides here but if you want to complain about then dont send it in

it only takes a week, and plus you get a free faceplate, not gonna hurt ya to send it in

it's basically a win win situation

Hmm, it takes a little more than a week. Try 2-4 weeks at best...

ejmonkey3 said:
yeah the 360 does support it, but whatever, im not even going there. if you had read my post you would see that i didnt buy it, my father did for his wii downstairs. are you seriously about GH3 for the Wii beign sold out? that can't be because there a dime a dozen here in mn. every gamestop, bb, target, they have stacks of them.
Must depend on where you live, I have never once seen GH3 readily available in a store for the Wii, it's always sold out!

Shouldn't current GH3 bundles have the fixed disks included already?

ejmonkey3 said:
wait, the second half of your crying is because they wouldn't send you a free game? god you must be 10 years old. you cant just call a company, say something is broken, and expect them to send you a new one right away. you have to send in your broken one to get it replaced so you can't be lying and they send you a new one for no reason.

f*ckin' retard.

[i am speaking everyones mind here btw, im just the only one whos not afraid to say it]

Sovieto said:
wait, the second half of your crying is because they wouldn't send you a free game? god you must be 10 years old. you cant just call a company, say something is broken, and expect them to send you a new one right away. you have to send in your broken one to get it replaced so you can't be lying and they send you a new one for no reason.

f*ckin' retard.

[i am speaking everyones mind here btw, im just the only one whos not afraid to say it]
aww ok first of im 21 you ****, secondly i dont know what rock you have been under but most commpanies usually send out a replacement or new unit if its broken or defected, sometimes there will ASK for UR credit card info so if you dont return the defected one, you get charged but activision is not even doing that. and i mean you shell out $90 for a game that doesnt even work without spending another $40 dollars on a wii remote, and then the game is defected and a activvision is telling me noo worries we will fix for you but our company is very greedy and we want you to send your copy in and you can't play our game for the next 2-4 weeks because we ****ed up on the game. it just shows that all they care about is money, they don't care you spent the money, even though i could care less because 100 dollars is nothing, but the fact that i have to wait, time is worth more to me than money!
solid examples of good customer service

Sony - bought a tv from them about 5 years ago direct, tv was delievered with broken screen. they sent out a new one and was there 2 days and then asked to place defective one in box with PREPAID postage.

EA- Rock Band(ps3) defective guitars. sent out a new guitar with box to send defective one in with PRE PAID postage, and also recieved a free game

just trying to say that Activision could have done it better. i know i am making a way bigger deal then this really is, but i still feel that it is just stupid that they did that.

Last edited:
ejmonkey3 said:
aww ok first of im 21 you ****, secondly i dont know what rock you have been under but most commpanies usually send out a replacement or new unit if its broken or defected, sometimes there will ASK for UR credit card info so if you dont return the defected one, you get charged but activision is not even doing that. and i mean you shell out $90 for a game that doesnt even work without spending another $40 dollars on a wii remote, and then the game is defected and a activvision is telling me noo worries we will fix for you but our company is very greedy and we want you to send your copy in and you can't play our game for the next 2-4 weeks because we ****ed up on the game. it just shows that all they care about is money, they don't care you spent the money, even though i could care less because 100 dollars is nothing, but the fact that i have to wait, time is worth more to me than money!
solid examples of good customer service

Sony - bought a tv from them about 5 years ago direct, tv was delievered with broken screen. they sent out a new one and was there 2 days and then asked to place defective one in box with PREPAID postage.

EA- Rock Band(ps3) defective guitars. sent out a new guitar with box to send defective one in with PRE PAID postage, and also recieved a free game

just trying to say that Activision could have done it better. i know i am making a way bigger deal then this really is, but i still feel that it is just stupid that they did that.

Agreed. Sovieto just got PWNED!

Atomheart said:
Agreed. Sovieto just got PWNED!
yeah i agree as well, i obviously havent had enough experience with replacements when it comes to video games themselves.

Back