you people need a reality check

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The_Loose_Cannon

i think some of you are taking the lounge a bit too far. granted this is a "off topc" forum but the things some of you people are posting are just either A) sheer stupidity or B) taking the freedom of speech one too far.

i feel some of you are forgeting this is a NINTENDO BASED WEBSITE. yes you can talk about your day in the lounge, yes you can tell us that you just went to the store and picked up a PSP, yes you can even tell us about your pets like i made a post about.....but COME ON! the religion threads (which have FINALLY stoped due to me banning a certain someone), the political debates on illegal immigrants, "what does 0.9999 mean"? i mean really guys. i edit A LOT of things on this site because some members arent mature enough to have intellectual converstations such as "religion" and "polictics" it may be cool to discuss them, but please, join a POLICITALLY BASED THREAD. its getting on my nerves that a lot of you seeme to think we as mods are stifeling you. we arent. infact, we are protecting the minors out there who are reading your words.

take for instance the england thread. a member there was posting racist views and needed a quick dose of realism injected into his fat head. 3 members had posted him and quoted him only adding fuel to the flame (no cursing just aiding ammo). so, after a poster on that thread contacted me, i initially thought nothing of it till i read on and realized 3 pages needed to be GONE droping it down to 5 or so and an IP ban request.

so please, as a mod, stop posting such stupid things! and if you know what youre typing MAY be deleted, reported or even questioned then dont type it. its common senes to sometimes [STRIKE]shut your mouth [/STRIKE] be quiet

That is the nature of a forum. You will always have posts and threads like that. Such is life.

Yeah, I agree, not 100% but 90%.

People need to cool down abit and accept opinions and everything.

Orimeles said:
Go arrest some druggies or something

smiletongue2.gif

Is wii chat running low on bandwith or something? Delete half the other **** that is useless i.e a million ZOMG i kneeeddd a pokemon eggz.

I do agree that some of the stuff is stupid but at least it wont get posted in the forums where there are actually topics being discussed. Now well see an influx of **** being posted everywhere.

The_Loose_Cannon said:
i think some of you are taking the lounge a bit too far. granted this is a "off topc" forum but the things some of you people are posting are just either A) sheer stupidity or B) taking the freedom of speech one too far.

i feel some of you are forgeting this is a NINTENDO BASED WEBSITE. yes you can talk about your day in the lounge, yes you can tell us that you just went to the store and picked up a PSP, yes you can even tell us about your pets like i made a post about.....but COME ON! the religion threads (which have FINALLY stoped due to me banning a certain someone), the political debates on illegal immigrants, "what does 0.9999 mean"? i mean really guys. i edit A LOT of things on this site because some members arent mature enough to have intellectual converstations such as "religion" and "polictics" it may be cool to discuss them, but please, join a POLICITALLY BASED THREAD. its getting on my nerves that a lot of you seeme to think we as mods are stifeling you. we arent. infact, we are protecting the minors out there who are reading your words.

take for instance the england thread. a member there was posting racist views and needed a quick dose of realism injected into his fat head. 3 members had posted him and quoted him only adding fuel to the flame (no cursing just aiding ammo). so, after a poster on that thread contacted me, i initially thought nothing of it till i read on and realized 3 pages needed to be GONE droping it down to 5 or so and an IP ban request.

so please, as a mod, stop posting such stupid things! and if you know what youre typing MAY be deleted, reported or even questioned then dont type it. its common senes to sometimes [STRIKE]shut your mouth [/STRIKE] be quiet

When I created the England thread, I never intended it to be for racist views or anything on that matter, it was simply to talk about what you like and don't like about it, and to talk about the improvements needed etc
When I was banned, people were posting on the England thread with racist views etc and I couldn't stop that. I feel a bit crap how a perfectly good thread was/is ruined by this,
Lee.J

Orimeles said:
Go arrest some druggies or something

hahahah youre a riot axtlar however im funnier when you get an IP ban! dude you cant wait like a few days till your sentence is finished? youre pathetic.....it wasnt even me who banned you.

XwiimasturX said:
i agree with chach... at least all this crap isnt being posted in the wii gaming section and whatnot... i kinda find some of the useless crap amusing. :smilewinkgrin:

true true, they are in the designated subforums, its just wtf though. seriously its in the lounge where its suppost to be BUT its just so irrelevent that it lounge material itself doesnt even belong! see what i mean?

lee.jarratt said:
When I created the England thread, I never intended it to be for racist views or anything on that matter, it was simply to talk about what you like and don't like about it, and to talk about the improvements needed etc
When I was banned, people were posting on the England thread with racist views etc and I couldn't stop that. I feel a bit crap how a perfectly good thread was/is ruined by this,
Lee.J

i know you didnt, it has nothing to do with you. it was around the time you asked me to ban you. i dont mention names. im not that type of person but those of you know what happend. i was mad at ONE person in particular, the others it wasnt their fault either as they were trying to "teach" this problem child. but even so it just caused more bad than good

mr_resi said:
I cant help but think this is aboot mehijacking my own thread :(, But i really dont get the 0.999 thing it makes NO sense :(

it is. youre posting too much spam. this is a verbal warning. anything more you will be issued a no posting ban

LMAO....

:worship:...

meh, 99%. I still like my religion threads. It'd be awkward to go to another forum JUST for those. Especially after I have established myself here.

The Lounge (22 Viewing)
General off-topic forum for all your none Wii needs.

Where does it say that particular subjects are taboo?

Spam is posting the same thing over and over again. Or advertising. Not posting something that someone else thinks is silly.

I think you need to put this place in perspective. It is a forum about a gaming device, populated by (mostly) children. Take a step back, breathe, and relax. What I read from the first post here is that you need to relax a bit. This is the internet.

dakuda said:

Spam is posting the same thing over and over again. Or advertising. Not posting something that someone else thinks is silly.

I think you need to put this place in perspective. It is a forum about a gaming device, populated by (mostly) children. Take a step back, breathe, and relax. What I read from the first post here is that you need to relax a bit. This is the internet.
internet4004po.jpg

FIXED ;)

dakuda said:

uhm no.

use common sense again. i made a post to i0n in staff chat saying that the religion threads were causing hate fights. i0n doesnt want them. THEREFORE the rules must be followed and enforced. SO what does that leave me to do? ah thats right delete and get rid of them! yes so smart!

so before you be judgemental, and hmmm seeing as how youre so familiar with the forum setup, what if those topics were in your lounge? im sure youd be POed. but what do i know again, these are kids, you deal with adults....shucks i must be wrong again

oh goodie i can use the wiichat "ROLLEYES" icon that we have now

:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back