Adding an e-mail address - No @ symbol!

Droolster

Constant Shouklder Pain
Jan 9, 2007
Holland
Wii Online Code
0661-8483-3348-3605
It seems that most people are able to add email addresses to there Wii address books without and trouble. I'm thinking there might be a difference in the firmware/software on the European Wii (which I have) and maybe the email functionality isn't working yet but it's most annoying that you can go all the way to typing in an address just to find out there is no @ symbol on the screen!
The on-screen keyboard has € and even a Japanese Yen symbol but not the one thing you really must have for e-mail addresses... an @ !

Right, now i've had moan about that, does anyone know anything about this? If someone can be bothered, it would be great if they could post a picture of the screen they get when entering an email address. I'll post one myself tomorrow ...but for now I must sleep.

D.

um... did you try pressing shift... the characters change to @ symbols and a special clip plays that reveals the release date of SSBB

spoleweski said:
um... did you try pressing shift... the characters change to @ symbols and a special clip plays that reveals the release date of SSBB

Eeesh, I can't believe I missed that. The keyboard starts in lower case but indeed you need to click SHIFT to change the symbols to relveal the @ sign. That's what i get for trying to do these things when too tired.

Thanks again.

Back