Asian Wii launch & JP games that can be played by english speakers...

Zeroskull, you most likely got the Singapore version, which is a US version of the Wii (with different plug type).
When I say US version, I do not mean the power plug is US, I mean that US games will play on it.
This US version Wii is limited to Singapore at the moment (and Brunei too it seems).
However the "real" asian version for the rest of Asia (Korea, Taiwan,...) is said to be launched for end of this year - it should be compatible with Japanese games as this part of Asia is NTSC/J (=same system as Japan).

Zeroskull, does your plug have three flat pieces, two at the bottom go side-to-side and one at the top going up-down? 220V?

If yes, I guess it's easier for people in Japan to import a system from the US.. :idea:

TokyoYank said:
Zeroskull, does your plug have three flat pieces, two at the bottom go side-to-side and one at the top going up-down? 220V?

If yes, I guess it's easier for people in Japan to import a system from the US.. :idea:
Umm, dude, no offense or anything... but could we cut the whole talk on the plugs? It's pretty clear what the plugs are for each region and no further discussion is needed. What's important is the firmware region, not the plugs, as a matter of fact no one really cares about the plugs because small converters can be found for less than a dollar.
Conclusion:
NTSC-U for US: US-style plug, NTSC-U for Sing. Asian-style, NTSC-J (Japan) US-style plug, PAL depends on region.
EDIT: Voltage is also pretty clear, NTSC-U uses 110V, NTSC-J uses 110V, PAL uses 220V, NTSC-U from Sing. uses 220V.
Finito, End of Plugs Discussion.

Back