[B]Nintendo: No black Wii for you, America![/B]

castlezelda

WiiChat Member
Feb 7, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
You read that right, America. Nintendo has no plans of an overseas release for the sleek black Wii that's rolling out in Japan next month. If you really want one, importing's the only way to go at this time. That, or modding your old Wii.

This was confirmed by a Nintendo rep to GameDaily recently. According to the rep, Nintendo has "no plans to have other colors of Wii in the U.S." Of course, Nintendo already has a reputation for releasing a whole rainbow of colors for its consoles, so it could still only be a matter of time until we see these Wiis outside Japan.

heres the link http://wii.qj.net/Nintendo-No-black-Wii-for-you-America-/pg/49/aid/133126

so bad, that black console looks sweet! Though I would buy another one just to have it black.

I want to buy a 2nd Wii but I'm waiting until they do release the black version. Looks like it might a longer wait than I expected. :(

Damn, I've wanted a black Wii since the first time they showed all the Wii's in different colors. It feels as if Nintendo (and many other Japanese based companies) prefers their Japanese people better than USA/AUS/Europe.

Back