Can I just get a USB to 3.5MM adapter for std Microphone?

FlyingBoat

WiiChat Member
Jan 4, 2010
Like the title says. I already have standard 3.5mm microphones. Can I just get a 3.5mm adapter and use my current microphones? Or is there something special about a USB microphone to have the Wii recognize and use it?

For which game do you want to use it?

The general rule apply: If you don't want any trouble whatsoever with your console equipment, don't be greedy and buy the official stuff.

Probably Karaoke Revolution.

I have some very nice Nady wireless microphones, so I was hoping to be able to use them with the Wii. So I would need a Mic to USB adapter, but not sure if that will work.

For which game do you want to use it?

The general rule apply: If you don't want any trouble whatsoever with your console equipment, don't be greedy and buy the official stuff.

How is wanting to use equipment you already have considered "greedy"?

I'm exaggerating.

In my eyes, trying to connect a mic to the Wii that hasn't got the Nintendo Seal of Quality is a desperate attempt not to spend bucks on the actual licensed stuff.

I mean, you can try to do it, but there's no guarantee that it'll work properly.

So I bought a USB Logitech microphone, but it doesn't work either! I still get the message that I need to connect a Logitech Microphone when trying to play American Idol Karaoke.

This is an Eclipse microphone. I bought it off Ebay and it was advertised to work with Wii.

Back