Component Cables for $9.99 shipped

Really!? What do you mean by "the component cables are way better"? These are component cables. How are they bad? Picture quality, quality of materials???

I know these aren't top of the line component cables, but I would like to know how they stand up against other component cables.

Meh, worst case ten bucks down the drain. Best case 480P for ten bucks.

I'll let everyone know how they look.

ericlewis91, what cables were you comparing them with? Again these are component cables.

These are no better or worse than any other component cables out there. People have no clue as to what they are talking about. I bet this guy thinks Monster cables are better. Personally I am gonna cop these. Not bad for $10 bucks.

He probably means the composite cables that come with the wii are way better, but I seriously doubt that. Component cables separate the colors and render a way better picture, even with cheaper ones.

Right on about the Monster cables too, probably the biggest scam in store like best buy right now. When I bought my HDTV, they tried to sell me a $200 HDMI cable. I picked up a $13 one from fry's and the picture is great on my hddvd player.

Worth every penny

I just received the component cables. I ordered them last Saturday, they were shipped on Monday and arrived on Thursday... only four days, not bad for free shipping, not bad at all.

The cables comes in quality packaging and arrived unscathed. The moment I pulled them out of the box I felt the hardy weight of the connections, none of that lightweight crap. The connections are made of hard rubber and have a nice shape and look to them. Plugged the ends into the Wii and my 27" HDTV with no problems.

Now comes the good part.... the picture is amazing. OK, not 1080P amazing, but compared to what it looked in 480i, this is a big step in the right direction. The picture quality is crisp and and the colors are vibrant... Link never looked better: there is more detailing to his clothes, better shading, and the weapons are shiny. The environment also gets the same treatment.

Sorry for the long, overdrawn post, but since the quality of these was drawn into question, I thought I'd exonerate them. If there is anything bad about them it is that they are only 6 ft. long, but it says that right on the box and website.

I'm certain that the $30 or $50 cables would not be an improvement over these. So if you need 480P and have $10, I say get yourself a pair and enjoy....now I have to play TP all over again :thumbsup:

Last edited:
lechonlubber said:
Just be careful if you have to return something to Meritline. I had a huge hassle when I had to return a defective product. I refuse to buy from them.

EDIT: ok nevermind it was an operator malfunction DOH! the cables are a great find!

Last edited:
Thanks, I just purchased them, I don't know how much of an improvement it will be, but if it removes the thin black bar at the bottom of my television, i'm happy

Back