Cursed Mountain Developer Closed

castlezelda

WiiChat Member
Feb 7, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
Cursed Mountain's developer's studio is Shut Down. According to wii.nintendolife.

Another dark day for mature games

A real horror story

The studio behind Cursed Mountain has been shut down by parent company Koch Media.

The game was Deep Silver Vienna's first piece of Wii software and is one of the few third-party titles that was backed by a healthy television advertisement campaign but, although there are no hard sales figures to go on, it is generally regarded that the game sold poorly.
Koch Media have not cited poor sales of Cursed Mountain as a reason for the closure, simply stating that the “current overall economic situation” forced the decision. It is thought that the current employees of Deep Silver Vienna will be offered positions within Koch Media. Co-founder Hannes Seifert however, is rumoured to have now become production director at IO Interactive, according to his LinkedIn profile.

Heres the link develop-online.net

It's a real shame Wii owners!!

A real shame!!

Even 70 millions Wii owners and can't buy REAL QUALITY GAMES?

WTF, you need this happen to start purchasing good games!!
I was hopping for the sequel of "Cursed Mountain", I enjoyed this game better than RE:DC, Dead Space, Silent Hill: SM and COD:MW Reflex. Why?
Becose this game has ORIGINALITY and ATMOSPHERE, that the others don't reserve

Perhaps it was the cover of it

its not exactly exciting or eye catching.
Ive seen budget games with a better cover

It's a real shame Wii owners!!

A real shame!!

Even 70 millions Wii owners and can't buy REAL QUALITY GAMES?

WTF, you need this happen to start purchasing good games!!
I was hopping for the sequel of "Cursed Mountain", I enjoyed this game better than RE:DC, Dead Space, Silent Hill: SM and COD:MW Reflex. Why?
Becose this game has ORIGINALITY and ATMOSPHERE, that the others don't reserve.

DEAD SPACE WASNT ORIGINAL?!?!? WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU TALKIN ABOUT? NO GAME FEATURED THE COMBAT STYLE OF DEADSPACE AND THEY DEFINITLEY DIDNT MAke SUCH A SCARY GAME!!

Back