Disappointed about Downhill Jam...

Scuba Kid

WiiChat Member
Nov 5, 2006
Wii Online Code
6069-2332-3129-0150
Is anyone else completely disappointed in this game? I rented it this afternoon from Blockbuster and I must say, it was a real let down. I'm a big fan of the Tony Hawk games, but this one was not up to par. Just kinda got repetitive and boring. No real story in there either. And I'm not one of those high def freaks that judges every game based on its graphics, but this one was pretty bad. I mean, the Wii is capable of so much more as far as "prettiness" goes. I didn't really expect much with this one, but it was lower than my standards. I think I may have to get Project 8 for my PS2...
So, I was just all around disappointed with it. I did rent COD 3 as well though, and I this game has made it on my christmas list. Its a lot of fun, a nice FPS.
I'm curious to hear your opinions.

Haven't played it yet, but the graphics look horrible on it. Everyones skin is just one shade. Another let down was Excite Truck, i wouldn't recommend buying it, its not worth the $50

Well i bought excite truck and must admit that it probably wasnt worth $50. But, i think the controls are kind of neat and it has some nice aspects to it that still make it a fun game to pick up every now and again.

Yeah, its not too bad of a game. The visuals are nice and MP3 on SD feature added to the overall value of the game, but i just wish there were more options, races, tracks, etc..

Redan499 said:
Yeah, its not too bad of a game. The visuals are nice and MP3 on SD feature added to the overall value of the game, but i just wish there were more options, races, tracks, etc..

Yeah, I definitely agree. It'd be nice to have maybe a more SSX Tricky feel to it, or something. The only thing i don't like about the music is that you can only select one track to play...you can't loop like all the music on your SD card. Unless you can and I haven;t figured it out. lol

A downhill skating game is just lame in general. They just made it because they thought it would best utilize the wiimote for a launch title.

vagrant said:
A downhill skating game is just lame in general. They just made it because they thought it would best utilize the wiimote for a launch title.
Agreed.
I can't wait until SSX Blur though. I hope they put in the music feature. I think they should...

Haha i still can only play one track looping, but when it gets old i just hit the + button and change up songs manually. SSX Blur sounds sick tho, just the name makes me giddy with excitement

The mechanics (gameplay, controls, overall feel) in Excite Truck are amazing and for the short time (5 minutes) that I played the game I had a blast. I loved playing that game. I did hear its a little low on features though.

I think there are a few "sucky" games as of right now. For example, Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam or Redsteel. Don't be too hard on Nintendo though, they've just made gaming a whole new way and it might take a few months to really start developing great games. I'm just waiting to get my Wii and Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam, no matter how bad it is, because I'm a total fan of the Tony Hawk games. I bet the next Tony Hawk game for the Wii will be muc better.

Back