DS as Remote "Attachment"

Fierce Deity

Hero of Wind
Jul 7, 2006
South Carolina
Should nintendo make a cord similar to the one that attached the GBA to the GC for the DS to the Wii Remote?

it could have some interesting compatibility for lack of a better word

like in this thread:
here?

:confused:

or instead or a version with a cord how about a little thing that hooks to the DS that makes it bluetooth so there is no need for a cord. Compatibility between the two would be cool and could add a lot of depth to certain games. But it's late and I don't want to think of any.

Its in the works now where the hell did i read it

registerednerd said:
it was on IGN sometime this week. There is a plan to have a similar system, but it will be wireless, no need to buy the cable and no being tethered to the console

what i meant by cord was to connect to the wii remote like the nunchcuk or classic style controller

but bluetooh would be pimp:cool:

oh, I haven't heard anything like that, what could you do with that, wouldn't it be the same as if the Wii sensed it through bluetooth. just curious

sorry if that came off rude, I can't think of a better way to word it right now.

bluetooth would indeed be p-i-m-p

Dav_4550 said:
oh, I haven't heard anything like that, what could you do with that, wouldn't it be the same as if the Wii sensed it through bluetooth. just curious

sorry if that came off rude, I can't think of a better way to word it right now.

bluetooth would indeed be p-i-m-p

did you know that the classic controller connects to the wii remote?

what would be the difference? for the classic and the ds other than more features from the screens on the ds

Fierce Deity said:
what i meant by cord was to connect to the wii remote like the nunchcuk or classic style controller

but bluetooh would be pimp:cool:
Either way, the only port on the DS is for power (it has built-in wireless), and the ports on the DSphat and DSlite are different, which would require 2 different cables.

^^yeah, that's preatty much the difference

Last edited:
registerednerd said:
Either way, the only port on the DS is for power (it has built-in wireless), and the ports on the DSphat and DSlite are different, which would require 2 different cables.

both the phat and lite have wireless but not BLUETOOTH which are entirely different things

but i forgot that they eliminated that port from the gameboys

Fierce Deity said:
both the phat and lite have wireless but not BLUETOOTH which are entirely different things

but i forgot that they eliminated that port from the gameboys
Right, not bluetooth, it's nintendo proprietary, but it's already confirmed that the Wii will have it too (the nintendo conneciton is a freakish mutation of WiFi and bluetooth, both use the same frequence band, but they have different encryption codes.)

There are so many possibilties with this connection with the wii and the ds. I don't really know which way there going to go with the whole kiosk thing or not.

I preffer to don't play with the DS, I think wii should be a little appart of the DS

it doesnt necessarily have to be bluetooth, it will be like how the ds connects to the download stations kinda, why the hell would they make a cord where would it plug into the ds to?.... just a thought.... but has anyone seen my posts about the wii being able to do this already i posted it about 2 weeks ago...

Back