ds over psp

phillipb3000

WiiChat Member
May 27, 2007
I think where the DS succeeds isn't in the graphics department [sound familiar - Wii] but in the touch screen innovation, M vs DK II (minis) is certainly something intuitive to play and the touch in Sonic DS really adds dimension to the game genre.

more brakeable

well i say that the psp is more brakeable than the ds,my friend got his psp and on the first day he droped it and it didnt turn on

I have a PSP and trust me. After so many months of using it for the same stuff, it gets boring and you stop using it. There is one minor task it is useful for that most people know it for. However that still isn't enough to make it the "gaming portable" I would want to own. Considering it is more of a multi-media-device instead of a portable gaming device. I don't even like the selection of games, out of the two that I have I am disappointed with both of them. My experience with the sony products as of late (since 04 if not earlier) are that they are expensive, and practically half of a game that the support eventually -drops/vanishes- within the coming months. So basically they are not worth it.

In the end, it is always the company targeting what it knows it is known for, and can do the best. Fun Gaming, Fun Games. I am not fan boy and actually can tell you I hate all large companies that make billions of dollars and the best they can do for people is only for themselves; They can only water-skii behind one yacht at a time, no matter how big or small the yachts.

After staring at a small LCD screen, button-mashing the whole time, you really want to start to "touch" your world, instead of mash it.

How is that for a comparative review? :wtf:

I have both, The psp is good for some games but the DS has such a wide range of games its hard to compare the two. I suggest that if you do not yet own a DS you get out there and buy one you will not be dissapointed.

My mate has a PSP and I love playing on it lol
He has Tekken 3 and Sonic 1,2,3 Crash 1,2,3 and of course GTA. Good fun to play those classics again

On the other hand my 2 other mates have a DS with Mario Kart and I love the way you can play each other wirelessly. It rocks. I havn't got so much money so I currently play my mates handhelds lol. But when I get my DS it will rock!

psps cool for the intehavent rnet and graphics and the gta games are fun but i havent touched mine since november

DS is awsome.

There's: Mario Kart DS, Animal Crossing: Wild World, Super Mario 64 DS, New Super Mario Bros., Star Fox Command, Kirby: Canvas Curse, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl, and many others

Get a DS. You will not be dissapointed

Well if you want a really unbiased opinion (if you really can give one of those) I'll give you mine. I've had a PSP for over a year and a half. I just got my DS a few weeks ago. Both of them have their pros and cons. The PSP has way better graphics but the DS has a much more interactive gaming experience. For my PSP I Have Dragonball Z Shin Budokai 2, NFS Carbon, Untold Legends, and Valkeryie Profile Lenneth. For my DS I have Pokemon Pearl, Brain Age, and Megaman ZX. I love both of these systems. The PSP is more for multimedia purposes. I use it for music all the time, expecially with cheap Memory Sticks. I have videos on it, I use it to surf the web and play games with great graphics. For the DS, I'm always using Brain Age and doing more stuff on Pokemon. The interactive gameplay really keeps you involved and I don't get bored. If you want to go strictly for games, get a DS, but if you want games with multimedia activities get a PSP. The interactivity gives you an edge in the gaming department. Both of these systems have great games. They're both coming out with more as well. I know Phantom Hourglass is coming for the DS and Brain Age 2, I don't know much else though. For the PSP I know there is FF Crisis Core, God Of War Chains of Olympus and a Final Fantasy Remake. They're both great systems and it's all about personal preference.

I love my DS Lite, I play New Super Mario Bro's, Super Mario 64 DS, Brain Age, Mario Kart DS, Zelda A Link To The Past for GBA and Super Mario World 3 for GBA. I don't own a PSP but I have played my buddies and kiosks. My biggest gripe about them is the loading times, by the time the games have loaded (at least the ones I have played), I lose interest and don't even feel like playing anymore. Maybe I'm just impatient.

I do however still want one if only for the multimedia purposes, but I would defiantly play my DS more than I ever would a PSP. When I play handhelds I want to play mario, tetris, things of that nature; if I want to play GTA or NFS, I jump on my 360. Note about graphics - the PSP obviously has an advantage in that department, but imo, the DS has the better games, and thats what really matters.

I own a PSP and a DS Lite

To me the PSP offers more features for me. Easy to load games, Movies, mp3's, pictures and browse the internet. It offers everything for a hand held gaming device on the go. I don't have any dislikes about it.

The Ds Lite is great also. Touch screen is cool and a new way of playing games. Graphics are not as good as the PSP but it is still fun. Where the DS lacks is not being able to load games, music pictures and browser the internet without using added software like the R4DS or the internet browser.

To me is just depends which games I would like to play.

Back