Fifa 08 - your thoughts?

After playing it for 2 days, I thinks its simply awesome
better then any other fifa game i played

Chin35char said:
After playing it for 2 days, I thinks its simply awesome
better then any other fifa game i played
ITS a good football game that hasn't really done anything very innovative with the motion sensing gameplay.

Last edited:
How fast is the pace? Can you still play coherent passing footy?
(So, does the fast pace of the game impact the game ?)

idok said:
ITS good football game that hasn't really done anything very innovative the motion sensing gameplay.
thats disappointing
misses the whole point of the wii really

I suppose it's an okay game...nothing really makes it a very good new football game apart from the updated teams, which is obviously expected. If there weren't motion controls then this game would be very average, however, saying that, I'd prefer it not to have motion controls to be honest. It's more of a limitation having to flick the Wiimote to shoot and things, as you can't gauge power accurately.

I only put up with it because the teams are up-to-date, although I still am tempted to go back to playing Fifa 07 for the Cube. Check out PES for the Wii (not until next year like), but it looks promising (although there are some potential problems).

1 thing i hate is that shoot is the same as slide tackle, so when you have a corner, and if you just mistime your shot, you end up slide tackling another play from behind, instant sending off!

I think Lewi t is being harsh because 1 i would definetly keep the motion controls 2 it has online play 3 fotii party is unique and fun 4 Gamespot are crap at reviewing games ie they gave metriod prime 3 85%,:yesnod:

Check the ign review. www.ign.com/articles/823/823024p1.html

ps although the gameplay is not going to take fifa into hole new league its is still massive fun.

Last edited:
I know this is off topic, but would anyone like to play me? My persona is: ChincharPwnz

I'd say it's really good. I can't keep off it. The motion controls work perfectly, you just have to get use to it. I'd say 90%.

Back