Frets on Fire

Airking1

WiiChat Member
Oct 17, 2010
Greetings everybody!

Been talking to a buddy of mine and he mentioned something about "Frets on Fire" for the Wii. From what he was explaining, it's a 3rd party application that can be downloaded onto the Wii console and plays just like Guitar Hero?? Does that sound right?
  • Anyone have any experience with this program?
  • How/Where do you download it from?
  • Does it overwrite the Wii O/S?
  • Is it even worth the trouble downloading it?
  • How do you install it?
  • What potential issues, if any, can arise on your Wii console as a result of it being installed?
  • Does it work with the guitar and drum set from the Band Hero kit?
  • Any tips/tricks for a "seamless" installation?
Lots of questions, I know...Thanks!!!
Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Happy Festivus!!!

Last edited:
Judging by the website, its only to PC, Mac, or Linux. Are you sure he didn't downloaded to an already hacked Wii? Because it sounds like its just for computers.

Judging by the website, its only to PC, Mac, or Linux. Are you sure he didn't downloaded to an already hacked Wii? Because it sounds like its just for computers.

He hasn't actually done it...just heard of people who have done it. I do remember him saying something about "hacking" the Wii, so maybe that's what he was talking about. Not sure I want to start hacking something I don't know anything about in the first place.

I found a web site discussing this and it DOES appear that you can load scripts on your PC to play the game with the guitar and drums from Guitar/Band Hero.

Thanks for the reply!!!

Back