Greetings from the Midwest

raf66

WiiChat Member
Jan 3, 2010
USA-Midwest
Hi everyone. My 13 year old son and I (ok, just my son but I've been playing a lot too) got the Wii for Christmas and I must say that we're having a blast. We have the other two systems too so naturally we have more games for those but frankly we've just about forgotten those since we got the Wii.

Anyway, we have no friends yet on the Wii and we'd really like to make some new and friendly acquaintances. However we're a little unsure of how to do so. Do we create an online persona/user name and then simply send out friend requests? If so, can we send some invites out to any of you good folks? We have the Wii Sports game (of course) and we have NHL 2k10.

Take care and Happy New Year!

In order to add other Wii consoles so you can send messages to each other and such, you'll need to add them to your Wii's address book. This can be accessed by clicking the mail icon on the bottom right corner of Wii channels screen.

Have your friends add you too. :)

If you want to play games, you'll need to buy the titles that have the blue Nintendo Wi-Fi logo on the upper left hand corner of the box.

Enjoy the forums.

In order to add other Wii consoles so you can send messages to each other and such, you'll need to add them to your Wii's address book. This can be accessed by clicking the mail icon on the bottom right corner of Wii channels screen.

Have your friends add you too. :)

If you want to play games, you'll need to buy the titles that have the blue Nintendo Wi-Fi logo on the upper left hand corner of the box.

Enjoy the forums.

Thanks for the response endo. When I add them to the address book, do I add the 12-digit numeric code or is there an online "name" that I add?

Right, you'll add their Wii console's 16 digit code to your address book if you want to message their console and vice versa. For games, you'll need to add their friend code while in game.

Back