Help on buying new mobile phone

mr wii

WiiChat Member
Jan 13, 2007
ive got about £100 to spend on a new mobile maybe a bit more, anyone got any ideas on a good phone to get, i want one that looks sleek like the Lg chocolate and shine but ive read loads of bad reviews, help??

Yeah, avoid those LG Chocolate phones. The heat touch sensor in the top rubs against your cheek and presses buttons while in a call. Renders the add-on useless.

I have a £10(guessing), and it's really incredible. It does everything and more.

I have the Sony Ericsson K750i. It is nice and easy to use and has a great camera.

Costs around £60 - £80 nowadays.

RadNad said:
If you like taking pictures, the SE k800i Black on Vodafone is £85 at The Link.

FRuMMaGe said:
I have the Sony Ericsson K750i. It is nice and easy to use and has a great camera.

Costs around £60 - £80 nowadays.

i looked at both of these phones they just dont look as cool and sleek as the Lg shine and chocolate i really like the style of them, grrrr cant i have cool design and a great phone

Nokia's 5200 6111 7373 look like stylish and good phones. My friend told people to stand still and he got his LG Shine then reflected it into thier eyes with the Sun :p.

I had the same problem...I was hyped over the LG Shine but after I read the awful reviews, as gorgeous as it looks, I couldn't bring myself to buy it.
I bought a Sansung u600 instead. 3.2mp camera, fm radio, expandable flash memory, mp3 player, and it's a nicely designed slider-phone with a much bigger, better screen than the LG Chocolate. The u600 is better looking, IMO. And specs-wise it pwns it AND the Shine.

Celeste said:
I had the same problem...I was hyped over the LG Shine but after I read the awful reviews, as gorgeous as it looks, I couldn't bring myself to buy it.
I bought a Sansung u600 instead. 3.2mp camera, fm radio, expandable flash memory, mp3 player, and it's a nicely designed slider-phone with a much bigger, better screen than the LG Chocolate. The u600 is better looking, IMO. And specs-wise it pwns it AND the Shine.

loooks very nice, whats the battery like on it though because i read it wasnt all that, looks like it might be the phone for me though

mr wii said:
loooks very nice, whats the battery like on it though because i read it wasnt all that, looks like it might be the phone for me though
Well, I don't talk that much so my battery lasts about 5-7 days.
I'm glad you like it, it's very cool. The pics online don't really do it justice.
I'll show you mine:
p1010547iz3.jpg

p1010548lu3.jpg

Obviously you won't like the color too much, but the white one and the silver and metallic blue are nice =)

Ohh, forgot to mention the speakers are great, too. The number one complaint about the Shine was abnormally low ringer volume. With this phone, you have the option of it being obnoxiously loud, similar to the Razr. I like that XD.
60MB internal memory too, which is good for making your own ringtones and savings heaps of pics. The photo-editing software on the phone is neat as well.

wow thanks uu helped me loads and looks pretty in pink too, dunno wot my m8s would say though :lol: and i dont use mine that much either so battery should be enough battery

cheers

I've got the E900 and it has those touch pads
It's a good phone. Things don't happen in your pocket because, well it's a slide phone so it's on lock while it's down...
Overall I'd give it a 8.5/10

mr wii said:
wow thanks uu helped me loads and looks pretty in pink too, dunno wot my m8s would say though :lol: and i dont use mine that much either so battery should be enough battery

cheers
Haha yeah, it's really pretty in pink! I'm glad I helped you ^___^

You should check out the newer Sony Ericsson phones and Samsung sliders. Very sleek and have great reviews.

Back