Hi guys :) Sorry for the stupid question but regarding a wifi usb adaptor thingie!!!

LucyKemp

WiiChat Member
Jan 10, 2008
Hi guys, I'm thinking of buying a USB connector to plug into my laptop to get my WII online as i'm at Uni and we are forced to use ethernet cables to get on the net!!

I was looking at Argos and wondering if something like this would work and what I need to do to get it online? I heard that theres special software or something that only a nintendo thingie will work

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/6768243/Trail/searchtext>NETWORKING+ACCESSORIES.htm

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/6753337/Trail/searchtext>NETWORKING+ACCESSORIES.htm

Thanks!!!
Also if anyone knows any mainstream highstreet stores in the UK that I could buy something similar? Would rather go into town to get it tommorow as i'm impatient rather than wait till next week hehe :)

Lucy Kemp

X

yea just dont get the one specified for wii/ds everytime u turn of computer u have to download again and it doesnt always work
make sure its the right one do ask or call before u buy

LucyKemp said:
Hi guys, I'm thinking of buying a USB connector to plug into my laptop to get my WII online as i'm at Uni and we are forced to use ethernet cables to get on the net!!

I was looking at Argos and wondering if something like this would work and what I need to do to get it online? I heard that theres special software or something that only a nintendo thingie will work

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/6768243/Trail/searchtext>NETWORKING+ACCESSORIES.htm

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/6753337/Trail/searchtext>NETWORKING+ACCESSORIES.htm

Thanks!!!
Also if anyone knows any mainstream highstreet stores in the UK that I could buy something similar? Would rather go into town to get it tommorow as i'm impatient rather than wait till next week hehe :)

Lucy Kemp

X

So do you have access to WiFi with your laptop and internet?
How do you access it?

No i am on the net with an ethernet connection connecting to my laptop, theres no wireless networks around! But want to get my wii online wirelessly

get what? will the product i listed above work for sure??

Those ones should work.

You could try the Official Nintendo one by searching on these sites from the top of my head which might be down your street.

Toys 'R Us
PC World
Currys
Comet
Dixons
Woolworths
GameStation
GAME
John Lewis
HMV
Zavvi

And possibly other places.

u should just get the wifi wifi usb adaptor thingie but make sure it goes with the wii not all work
and most people have wireless routers some work with wii some dont so yea..

ok thanks guys, guess its just trial and error then? would I be best off getting the official nintendo one designed for the DS then? At least that i'm sure would work... thanks :)

LucyKemp said:
ok thanks guys, guess its just trial and error then? would I be best off getting the official nintendo one designed for the DS then? At least that i'm sure would work... thanks :)
ahh... you should have gotten a router instead.

im pretty sure, and almost positive, that won't work. that allows the laptop to connect to a wireless router. it doesn't act as a wireless router (unless its an added feature that i didn't see). So no, you won't be able to connect your wii to your laptop and then to the internet.

EDIT:
"Allows your desktop or laptop PC to connect to your network wirelessly"

I can gurantee that it won't do what you want it to do. That connects to a wireless network. it doesn't create a wireless network. for that you need a wifi enabled router.

Last edited:
dude, all good wireless routers also work as wired routers. my router has a 360 and a desktop online wired and a laptop, wii, and sometimes my two ds online wireless.

Personally I would invest in a wireless router. They don't cost much anymore and they still have lan ports at the back

Back