Hopefully This Hasn't Been Posted...

pnw13

Liberal Bush Hater
Jan 10, 2007
Washington State, U.S.A.
I apoligize if it has. Anyways, I picked up the January EGM (Electronic Gaming Monthly) at my local Wal*Mart. Their 30-page cover story was "PS3 & Wii... What's NOW! What's NEXT!... We pick which one is best!"

They showed a chart for each, with pros and cons. After showing reviews and previews (BTW, a great preview of SSX Blur... Super Mario Galaxy - Spring 2007... Batalion Wars 2 - Spring 2007... Big Brain Academy - Spring 2007... Pokemon Battle Revolution - Spring 2007) they had the "Average EGM Review Score for Launch Games." The PS3's launch games averaged a 6.1... the Wii's a 6.4.

Next, six editors chose the PS3 or Wii... all six picked the Wii.

An excerpt:

"In a landslide upset, the oddball Nintendo sweeps EGM's voting to conquer Sony's pricey high-end PS3." ... "Does our recommendation carry any weight? We're not Miss Cleo, but our previous attempt at predicting the future was a success. Back in EGM #149, our editors were also forced to choose between two shiny new consoles -- Nintendo's Gamecube and Microsoft's Xbox. The Xbox won out (in a very close race) and went on to outsell the 'Cube. Perhaps history will repeat itself again...."

Although, on a down-note, they're very concerned about third-party support.

I havn't seen it and I see most things around here.
Very intersting, I too predicted the last console war early.

3RD party support looks pretty bad right now (there's a few Nyko products which will be good but nothing else realy)

But look how many people bought the Wii already and how many people still want to buy it.

3rd part companys would be retarded not to make more, better Wii-products... They could easily make some big cookies.

Back