I smashed an LCD with a faulty Nerf bat tonight!

forchamps

WiiChat Member
Mar 16, 2008
Hi folks,

First time poster here and I wish it could be on a happier subject.

I was playing baseball on my neighbor's Wii this evening when the unimaginable happened -- the Nerf bat I was using (the one included as part of the Sports Pack) detached from the handle mid-swing and shattered his brand new 50 inch LCD!

My question is whether anybody here has heard of this happening before and what, if any, recourse we may have because of this incident. The bat was securely attached to the handle, and the strap was securely wrapped around my wrist, so this isn't a question of user error. Also, many others used the bat prior to myself without this happening.

Are these devices known to break loose? Should I direct my concerns to Nintendo or the Nerf company?

Thanks in advance,

John

Last edited:
Address the concern to the nerf company itself, as it's a 3rd party accessory. My advice (and my theory) is this: Never use anything that a 3rd party has made, as Nintendo is not held accountable for any of their actions.

That sucks. You should probably direct your concerns to whatever company made those products, talk with their customer service. Nintendo's done everything in their power to prevent such things from happening.

Also, some advice: Generally, don't use any 3rd party products - they're more prone to fail at whatever they're supposed to do, or they may do things they aren't supposed to do. The sports pack is a good example, I've heard of lots of problems, plus it's expensive, and low quality. Also, there is absolutely no need to be throwing your arm out or swinging like you actually want to hit something 100 MPH; the Wii and remote will register substantial movement without such over-the-top actions. You can still enjoy a Wii sports session very well with a lot less strength put into it... this is the most common thing that leads to accidents - people put so much into a swing - they forget that it's still just a video game system and the image in front of them is only a TV.

Hope this works out for you guys though, must be painful smashing a 50" LCD TV.

_AWW MAN. I WOULD DEFFINATLY MAKE A COMPLAINT LETTER. TAKE PICTURES AND SEND IT TO THEM. THEY PROBALLY WILL CARE LESS BUT HEY GET YOUR WORD OUT THERE MAN. AND HEY THANK FOR THE HEADS UP I WAS ACTUALLY GONNA BUY THAT KIT. I SAVED ME A 50 INCH LCD. :wink:

forchamps said:
Hi folks,

First time poster here and I wish it could be on a happier subject.

I was playing baseball on my neighbor's Wii this evening when the unimaginable happened -- the Nerf bat I was using (the one included as part of the Sports Pack) detached from the handle mid-swing and shattered his brand new 50 inch LCD!

My question is whether anybody here has heard of this happening before and what, if any, recourse we may have because of this incident. The bat was securely attached to the handle, and the strap was securely wrapped around my wrist, so this isn't a question of user error. Also, many others used the bat prior to myself without this happening.

Are these devices known to break loose? Should I direct my concerns to Nintendo or the Nerf company?

Thanks in advance,

John

ouch...

what happened? did the neighbors kill you?

you could, but it wouldn't matter. i've sent complaint letters and I never got anything back. sorry that happened!

aren't they made of styrofoam (or however you spell it)

Back